How To Make Tomato And Chilli Jam. Hello friends. So how are you today? Fancy making some tomato and chilli jam?
Today I am sharing this Jam recipe by Adam Woolven at Island Grill.
How To Make Tomato And Chilli Jam:
This barbeque season, put down the bottle of generic tomato ketchup and surprise your guests with something a little more original.
Island Grill, the sustainable restaurant in Lancaster London, offers an unrivalled, eco-friendly menu.
This summer, the kitchen team will be making all burgers from scratch in-house, so Head Chef Adam Woolven has started to prepare with his home-made chutneys and jams.
Adam Woolven, Head Chef at Island Grill, shares his recipe for a tangy Tomato and Chilli Jam.
1kg Very Ripe Plum Tomatoes
5 Red Chilli Peppers
8 Garlic Cloves
Ginger (10cm piece)
60ml Fish Sauce
550g Demerara Sugar
200ml Red Wine Vinegar
Pinch of Salt and Pepper
How To Make:
Step 1: Firstly, bring a large pot of water to the boil. Add the plum tomatoes to the water and boil for 10-15 seconds. Following this, run the tomatoes under cold water, then peel and quarter them.
Step 2: Secondly, peel the ginger. (Easiest done with a spoon). Then finely chop it, along with the garlic cloves and chilli.
Step 3: In a large pan, cook the tomatoes, garlic, ginger and chillies on a low heat until the mixture becomes of pulp-like consistency. Pour the fish sauce, red wine vinegar and Demerara sugar into the mix. Stir well. Season with a little salt and pepper.
Step 4: Don’t wait for the jam to cool – store the jam in a sterilized jar whilst still hot.
Step 5: Last but not least, scoop a generous spoonful of jam onto your freshly barbecued burger – and enjoy!
So here you are. Do you fancy making some tomato and chilli jam to serve up and impress your guests with at your BBQ parties?
Tomato And Chilli Jam recipe and photos c/o Adam Woolven at Island Grill.
Lancaster London, Lancaster Terrace, London W2 2TY.
So what do you think of this recipe post?
For all things BBQ click here: BBQ Ideas.
You Might Also Like My Latest Posts:
- Three Places To Visit In Derbyshire This Summer
- Meet Murphy The Gorgeous Goldendoodle
- Slow Roasted Pulled Pork With Spring Green Salad
- Ginger And Chocolate Pot: Valentine’s Treat
- Lamb Valentine Steaks with Redcurrant and Orange Sauce
- A Bright Healthy Breakfast And Some Recipe Ideas
- National Hat Day And Street Art Saturday
- A Lob Haircut Or You Might Call It A Long Bob
- National Rubber Ducky Day: The Duck House
- Decorate Your Home For Winter
- Ruby Red Slippers From The Wizard Of Oz
- 9 Ways To Add Beetroot Into Your Recipes
- We Are Off To See The Wizard In This Amazing Lift
- Green Glitter Jumper And Silver Skirt With Boots
- Polka Dot Maxi Dress And Some London Street Art