Last week I was invited to take part in a fun baking challenge from find me a gift, to review one of these lovely Heart Cake Mould. Also I get to enter my cake creation into the draw, which one blogger will win a bundle of kitchen goodies worth £100.
I loved using the cake mould it is very sweet, I love how each piece cuts into hearts. When you have finished making your cakes you cut your slices in to large heart shapes which is great for yourself or to share with your loved ones.
The mould is very good quality, microwave, oven, freezer and dish washer safe and very easy to get your cake out of, all in one piece.
I made a strawberries and cream marble sponge cake and it tasted amazing, so much so it did not last 2 minutes, everyone loved it.
Serves 6 large hearts
- 250g Margarine
- 250g Caster sugar
- 350g Self raising flour
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 Medium eggs
- 180ml Skimmed milk
- 2 Table spoons cocoa powder
- 200ml Double cream
- 400g strawberries, washed hulled and half, few quartered
- 1 Teaspoon cocoa powder
You will need:
- I heart cake mould
- Pre heat oven to 180c ( 170c fan )
- Place the margarine, vanilla extract, and caster sugar in a bowl and whisk with and electric whisk until smooth.
- Add a egg and a little sieved flour one at a time, then mix flour and milk together until light and fluffy.
- Share the mixture into 2 bowls, add the cocoa powder to one bowl and mix together with a wooden spoon.
- Spoon mixture into mould one spoonful then another to separate the colours.
- Bake in over for 55-60 minutes
- Leave to cool for 5-10 minutes then turn out to cool completely.
- When cool place back in mould.
- Whisk the double cream till double in size.
- Place on to the cake top.
- Place the chopped strawberries on top of the cream.
- Sieve a little cocoa powder over the cake.
So so yummy, I can not wait to make another. You can also find every ones entry on Twitter by using the hastag #HeartySlice. How sweet is this mould? perfect for anytime of the year, sharing your hearts…
Heart mould £14.99 from find me a gift
About this review-
I got sent a cake mould to review and make a cake to enter into the competition. I was not paid for this post and all thoughts are my own honest opinion .