I Heart You Tarts: Valentine’s Day Afternoon Tea Ideas.
These mini tarts are quick and easy to try and are fun for the kids to make too.
How To Make I Heart You Tarts:
Flour for rolling
500g Ready made shortcrust pastry
12 tsp jam
12 tsp lemon curd
Bit of milk for tops
Little bit of icing sugar
1.) Heat oven to 190 c 375 f.
2.) Grease 2 x 12 hole pastry tins.
3.) Roll our pastry thinly and cut 24 bottoms and 24 hearts using pastry cutters.
4.) Place the bottoms in the tins.
5.) Fill each on with a little jam and lemon curd but be careful not to over fill.
6.) Place the hearts on each.
7.) Brush with a little milk.
8.) Bake for about 15-20 minutes until golden on top.
9.) Remove from oven, sive a little icing sugar over and put the red sprinkles over.
10.) Leave to cool a little while then remove before any spilt jam sets.
11.) Leave to cool completely.
You Might Also Like:
11 Mince Pies And Tarts Ideas For Christmas:
Mix and match your heart you tarts with jam, marmalade, lemon curd or whatever flavours you like. Here are 11 more ideas you can customise to your own tastes.
BerryWorld Red Gooseberry Bakewell Tarts:
Fancy making some of these sweet BerryWorld Red Gooseberry Bakewell Tarts?
This twist on a classic recipe makes a delightful seasonal change.
Raspberry Portuguese Tarts:
Deep filled vanilla custard tarts with buttery melt in the mouth pastry and dotted with juicy jewel like summery raspberries.
Mini Blueberry Tarts:
Yummy Mini Blueberry Tarts anyone?
Ian Cumming’s Poached Pear Frangipane Tart:
The Autumn air grows chilly and cold while fruits and nuts thud on the ground, falling from trees and bushes, ripe for harvest.
- Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me
- Kid From The Goonies Film: Street Art Saturday
- Ready For The Weekend: Bring It On
- Throwing My Outfit Back To Christmas
- Tell Me What You Did Last Weekend
- You Can Leave Your Hat On: Street Art Sunday
- Sometimes The Smallest Things Take Up The Most Room
- Heatwave And What To Wear When You Are Having One
- Flip Flops Are Fun But Sometimes Your Flip Flops!
- The Queen: Blue Mondays & London Street Art
- My Two Girls: Black And White Photo Project
- 25th Wedding Anniversary And Swan Street Art
- What I’m Wearing Wednesday: Wayback Wednesday Post
- I Never Look Back Darling, It Distracts From The Now
- 10 Fun Afternoon Tea Cup Cake Recipes To Try Out