Fancy a nice and warming stew?
Perfect for the cold Winter days or night.
Indy Power’s Chorizo Bean Stew. Feel good chef Indy Power has created a series of delicious one-pot recipes ideal for cooking in Denby’s Cast Iron and Oven to Tableware ranges.
Both beautiful and practical, the collections are perfect for hassle-free cooking.
The first of Indy’s recipes is a fragrant and comforting one-pot dish: Chorizo Bean Stew.
Ideal for mid-week cooking, serve it on its own or with a side of quinoa to soak up the sauce.
Indy says, “This is the most comforting, mid-week one-pot dinner. It’s heaven on a blustery winter’s evening and it only takes about 20 minutes from start to finish.”
How To Make Indy Power’s Chorizo Bean Stew:
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 200g of Chorizo
- 1 Large White Onion
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Teaspoon of Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon of Oregano
- 320g of Cherry Tomatoes
- 500g of Butter Beans, Cannellini Beans or Chickpeas (or a mixture)
- 1 Tablespoon of Tomato Puree
- 2 Cups of Stock (500ml)
How To Make:
- Slice the chorizo, dice the onions and mince the garlic.
- Place a medium-sized pot over medium-high heat and add in the chorizo and cook for a few minutes until starting to brown.
- Turn the heat down a little and add in the garlic, onion and whole cherry tomatoes and cook for a few more minutes, tossing regularly until the onion is soft.
- Sprinkle in the paprika and oregano, toss well and continue until the tomatoes start to burst.
- Next, add in the beans or chickpeas and toss well.
- Pour the stock and tomato puree and stir.
- Bring to a simmer, then leave to cook on a low heat for about 10 minutes until the beans are tender.
- Serve straight to the table and enjoy!
Recipe c/o Denby
What do you think of this Indy Power’s Chorizo Bean Stew recipe?
Fany making some?