A Jubilee Sponge Fit For The Queen…
- ½ tsp Bart Bristol Blend Five Peppercorns
- ½ tsp Bart Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Bart Ground Ginger
- ¼ tsp Bart Ground Nutmeg
- 2 tsp Bart Mint (Freeze Dried)
- 250g self-raising flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 250g margarine or butter
- 250g Bart Vanilla Sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
For the filling and topping:
- 250g cream cheese
- 150ml double cream
- 100g icing sugar
- 250g strawberries, quartered
- 200g blueberries
- Grease and line 2 20 cm round sandwich tins. Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4.
- Cream together the margarine and vanilla sugar until light and creamy.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together and slowly add to the mixture, along with the eggs.
- Divide the mixture between the two prepared tins and smooth the tops.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until well-risen and golden brown and a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Leave to cool in the tins for 10 minutes then turn out onto wire racks to cool completely.
- When completely cool, cut each cake in half horizontally so you have four thin cakes.
To make the filling:
- Beat together the cream cheese, cream and icing sugar until thick and smooth.
- Spread the cream on top of one cake layer and scatter over one quarter of the strawberries and blueberries.
- Top with another cake and repeat.
Guest post credit~Bart Ingredients