Recipe c/o Spanish Persimon.
King Prawn Curry With Spanish Persimon Kachumber.
Fancy trying out this recipe?
Enjoy this warming, aromatic prawn curry with a chopped Indian salad of persimon, cucumber, avocado, chopped coriander and green chilli.
How To Make King Prawn Curry With Spanish Persimon® Kachumber:
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
You Will Need:
1 large onion, chopped
1tsp chopped fresh green chilli
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1tsp ground cumin
2tsp ground coriander
1tsp ground turmeric
1tsp black mustard seeds
400ml reduced fat coconut milk
300g cooked, peeled king prawns, thawed if frozen
1tbsp chopped fresh coriander, plus sprigs to garnish
Basmati rice, to serve
1 Spanish persimon, finely chopped
¼ cucumber, finely chopped
1 small ripe avocado, halved, peeled, pitted and chopped
1 green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
2tbsp chopped fresh coriander
1tbsp lime juice
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
How To Make:
1.) First, make the persimon kachumber by mixing all the ingredients together. Cover and set aside for the flavours to mingle.
2.) Heat the butter in a large frying pan or wok. Add the onion, chilli and garlic and cook gently for 3-4 minutes until soft and golden.
3.) Stir in the ground cumin, coriander, turmeric and mustard seeds and cook for a few seconds, then add the coconut milk and 3tbsp water. Heat until simmering, then cook over a gentle heat for 10 minutes.
4.) Tip in the prawns and cook for 2-3 more minutes. Season and serve with basmati rice, garnished with coriander sprigs, with the kachumber on the side.
Cook’s tip: For a quick chicken curry, use 300g cooked chicken chunks instead of the prawns.
King Prawn Curry With Spanish Persimon Kachumber Recipe c/o Spanish Persimon.
What do you think of this King Prawn Curry With Spanish Persimon Kachumber recipe?
Fancy trying it?
You Might Also Like:
- 4 Burgers Ideas For Your Summer BBQ Party
- How To Make Apple Of Your Eye Pie
- BerryWorld Blueberry And Lemon Curd Muffins: How To
- Sweet Potato Topped with Ricotta, Celery And Radish
- Quick And Easy To Make Vegan Frosted Lemon Cake
- Marshmallow Crispy Cupcakes: Great For Parties
- Indian Turkey Curry With Shallots: Fiery Curry Recipe
- Turkey, Gammon And Sprout Pot Pie: A Perfect Recipe At
- Christmas Leftover Veg Tart For A Delicious Meal
- Baked Eggnog Cheesecake, Ginger And Maple Crust
- BerryWorld Cranberry Meringue Roulade With
- 6 Christmas Pea Recipes: The Christmas Pea Recipes
- How To Make A Black Forest Gateau Roulade
- Fruit And Nut Stuffing Bake And How To Make Some
- Holiday Mulled Cranberry Juice: Great For Christmas
- Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me
- Kid From The Goonies Film: Street Art Saturday
- Ready For The Weekend: Bring It On
- Throwing My Outfit Back To Christmas
- Tell Me What You Did Last Weekend
- You Can Leave Your Hat On: Street Art Sunday
- Sometimes The Smallest Things Take Up The Most Room
- Heatwave And What To Wear When You Are Having One
- Flip Flops Are Fun But Sometimes Your Flip Flops!
- The Queen: Blue Mondays & London Street Art
- My Two Girls: Black And White Photo Project
- 25th Wedding Anniversary And Swan Street Art
- What I’m Wearing Wednesday: Wayback Wednesday Post
- I Never Look Back Darling, It Distracts From The Now
- 10 Fun Afternoon Tea Cup Cake Recipes To Try Out