Recipe and image courtesy of Le Rustique Camembert
Le Rustique Brie Tartlets With Honey Onion Relish anyone? Hello friends. So how are you today? Le Rustique has partnered with food blogger and cheese lover Lavender & Lovage to create unique recipes combining the creamy textures of Camembert and Brie with the sweet taste of honey. They have kindly let me share the recipe here too.
How To Make Le Rustique Brie Tartlets With Honey Onion Relish:
These gorgeous little Le Rustique Brie tartlets use rounds of bread in place of pastry and are so easy to make.
Tangy honey onion relish adds a lovely depth to the crisp cases and melted the cheese before they are dressed to serve with chopped chives for the final flourish.
The honey onion relish can be made ahead of time and keeps in the fridge for up to two weeks.
Makes: 12 small tartlets/ 4 large tarts
Prep time: 45 mins
Cooking time: 8-10 mins
Honey Onion Relish:
2 red onions, peeled and diced
2 tbsp runny honey (Acacia honey)
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
12 x slices Brown bread
50g softened butter
100-120g Le Rustique Brie de Caractère, cut into 12 pieces
Chopped fresh chives
How To Make:
1. Firstly, to make the honey-onion relish: melt the butter in a pan and add the onions; sauté the onions for 4 to 5 minutes and then add the remaining ingredients. Simmer, stirring all the time to stop it sticking, for 20 to 30 minutes until it is thick. Cool and set to one side until needed.
2. Pre-heat oven to 200C/400F/Gas mark 6.
3. Using a 5cm to 6cm cutter, stamp out 12 circles from the sliced bread, and butter them on one side only. Place the buttered sides down into a 12-hole bun tin, pressing them to create a tartlet shape.
4. Add a teaspoon of honey onion relish into each bread tartlet base, and then place the pieces of Le Rustique Brie de Caractère on top.
5. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until the cheese has melted and the bottom of the bread tartlet bases are crispy and golden brown.
6. Gently ease them out of the tray and sprinkle chopped fresh chives over them before serving.
Le Rustique Brie Tartlets With Honey Onion Relish:
Le Rustique Brie Tartlets with Honey Onion Relish. Recipe and image courtesy of Le Rustique Camembert. So what do you think? Do you also fancy trying it?
Fancy trying some?
You Might Also Like:
Firstly, Le Rustique Camembert “Scotch Eggs” Two Ways with Honey and Mustard Dip. These delicious “Scotch Eggs” hide a cheesy secret inside!
Two delicious flavours, herby pork sausage meat and black pudding, each wrapped around a cube of Le Rustique Camembert which after being deep-fried ooze seductively.
Dunk these into a tangy, sweet honey and mustard dip for a truly cheesy treat. Le Rustique Camembert “Scotch Eggs” Two Ways with Honey and Mustard Dip.
Secondly, Le Rustique Brie de Caractère, Apricot, and Walnut Stuffed Chicken Breast. Fancy making some of these Le Rustique Brie de Caractère, Apricot, and Walnut Stuffed Chicken Breast? So tasty.
Last but not least, Le Rustique Camembert, Fig and Basil Sourdough Toastie. How about a nice and tasty Le Rustique Camembert, Fig and Basil Sourdough Toastie for brunch?
Thank you so much for stopping by.