Recipe and images courtesy of Belvoir Fruit Farms.
Lime And Lemongrass Carrot Cake. Love Cake? Hello friends. How yummy does this cake look!? A classic Autumnal cake with a twist. So tasty.
The zesty Lime & Lemongrass Cordial contrasts with the sweetness of the carrot while the lip-smackingly good lime-infused icing puckers the mouth!
Table Of Contents:
- Firstly, Lime And Lemongrass Carrot Cake Ingredients.
- Secondly, Lime And Lemongrass Carrot Cake Method.
- Thirdly, How To Make This Cake Spooky!
- Fourthly, Other Recipe Ideas.
How To Mae A Lime And Lemongrass Carrot Cake:
This cake can be transformed into something scary for Halloween simply with a change of décor – see below and be afraid, be very afraid!
Especially great for afternoon tea or Halloween parties.
- 300g carrots, peeled
- 225ml sunflower oil
- 170g soft brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 tbsp Belvoir Lime & Lemongrass Cordial
- zest of 2 limes
- 325g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
For The Frosting:
- 125g unsalted butter
- 125g icing sugar
- 50g full-fat soft cheese
- 1tbsp Belvoir Lime & Lemongrass Cordial
- grated lime zest to decorate
Lime And Lemongrass Carrot Cake Method:
- Firstly, pre-heat the oven to 180oC/Gas 4/Fan 165oC. Lightly oil a 20cm deep cake tin and line the base with baking parchment. Coarsely grate the carrots.
- In a stand mixer or with an electric hand whisk, beat together the oil, sugar and eggs until they are light and fluffy. They need to be thick enough to leave a trail when the whisk heads are lifted.
- Add the carrots and remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour mixture into the cake tin and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before transferring to wire rack. While the cake is cooling beat together all your ingredients for the frosting.
- Lastly, once the cake is cool, cut in half horizontally. Spread half the icing in the middle of the cake and sandwich together. Spread the remainder over the top and smooth with a palette knife. Decorate with lime zest and serve.
Lime And Lemongrass Carrot Cake: Love Cake?
So what do you think? Do you want to make this cake into a Halloween cake? For more of a Halloween feel add orange food colouring to the icing and instead of decorating with lime zest, pipe black icing over the cake to look like a spider’s web, then finish with plastic spiders.
Ugh!! How scary but also so yummy!! The result below!!
Lime And Lemongrass Carrot Cake. Recipe and images courtesy of Belvoir Fruit Farms.
So do you fancy trying this Lime & Lemongrass Carrot Cake recipe? Because I could just eat a nice big slice with my cup of tea.
Let me know in the comments below if you get to make some.
So do you fancy trying any of these cakes? Finally, I hope you like this post? If so why not follow along so you never miss a post? So remember you can also share your thoughts here too in the comments below.
You Might Also Like:
25 Halloween Recipe Ideas To Try Out This Halloween. Firstly, Boo, did I scare you? No!? Ha! Maybe these recipes will? On the scariest night of the year, why not whip up a fun Halloween menu up? Furthermore, why not scare your friends with your Halloween bakes? So are you looking for some disgusting looking food that tastes amazing? Or simply some fun Halloween party food? We might just have the perfect recipe here today: Just one question, sweet or savoury Halloween food? 25 Halloween Recipe Ideas To Try Out This Halloween.
17 Tasty Bonfire Night Recipes. Secondly, Remember, Remember, The Fifth Of November. So, now Halloween has been and gone it is time to think about Bonfire Night. So are you going to a bonfire on Bonfire night, staying in or even having your own Bonfire Party? I’m not sure what we are doing yet after having my youngest Son off school a few days this week with a sore throat and fever. Today I am sharing some recipes suitable for any Autumn/Winter occasion. How tasty? Great for Bonfire night and beyond. Of course, these recipes are also great for Autumn. 17 Tasty Bonfire Night Recipes.
A Ladies Tank Top For All Seasons. Dressing warm for the season: A Ladies Tank Top For All Seasons.
Thanks so much for stopping by.