Recipe and image courtesy of Vita Coco.
Lollipop Coconut Chicken By Selasi Gbormittah. Selasi Gbormittah, The Great British Bake Off’s break-out star, motorcyclist and banker, has partnered with Vita Coco to provide winter warming recipes with a hint of summer flavour. Hello friends, so how are you today?
On Friday I share Selasi Ridiculously Good Coconut Cornbread recipe and today I am sharing another tasty recipe. Fancy making some Lollipop Coconut Chicken?
How To Make Lollipop Coconut Chicken:
Lollipop Coconut Chicken By Selasi Gbormittah.
6 chicken drumsticks
1 ½ tsp sea salt
*1 ½ tsp garlic granules
1 ½ tsp onion salt
One tsp paprika
Pinch of ground pepper
1 tbsp chopped parsley
1 stock cube
2 tbsps Vita Coco Coconut Oil
200g bag of breadcrumbs
100g desiccated coconut
2-3 eggs, beaten and seasoned
Salt and pepper
Zest and juice of 1 lime
5 tbsps. honey
Pinch chilli flakes
Lollipop Coconut Chicken Method:
1. Firstly, clean and wash the chicken in cold water. Neatly chop off the end bone, creating a perfect handle for later.
2. Season with salt, pepper, garlic, paprika, parsley and onion granules.
3. Cover and leave overnight in the fridge (optional). Cook with 100ml water on medium heat for 15-20 mins. Cut six thin strips of foil and wrap them around the bone handle of the chicken.
4. When ready, in a large bowl mix the crumbs and coconut with the salt and pepper and paprika and set aside.
5. Beat the eggs in a separate bowl.
1. Pre-heat the oven at 180 fan.
2. Add 1 tbsp. of the Vita Coco Coconut Oil into a baking tray or cast iron pan and place in the oven to melt.
3. One at a time, pick up a chicken piece, dip in the beaten egg until well coated and then dip in bread crumbs. Dip the same chicken in egg again and then again in breadcrumbs (Double coating). Repeat this for the remaining pieces of chicken.
4. When ready bake in your tray or cast iron pan for 15 minutes. Take the chicken out of the oven at this point and gently drizzle the second tbsp. of coconut oil all over the chicken and bake for another 15 mins. This should be ready at the point.
1. In a large wok or deep frying pan, add approx. 250-300ml Vita Coco Coconut Oil and heat.
2. Using a set of tongs, place one chicken in the hot oil and fry for 5-10 minutes on each side until golden brown. Do this one at a time with each chicken.
3. When ready place neatly on a chopping board, remove the foil and garnish with lime drizzle, chopped chilli and parsley.
Lollipop Coconut Chicken Recipe By Selasi Gbormittah:
Lollipop Coconut Chicken By Selasi Gbormittah. Recipe and image courtesy of Vita Coco. So what do you think of this Lollipop Coconut Chicken recipe? Do you also fancy making some?
Share your thoughts in the comments below ↓
You Might Also Like:
Firstly, Chip Off The Old Block Baked Egg Shakshuka. Fancy trying this tasty recipe for breakfast? Chip Off The Old Block Baked Egg Shakshuka. So tasty.
Secondly, ‘Nutty Love’ Cheesecake. What is Not Too Love About This? How about a Valentines Day treat? ‘Nutty Love’ Cheesecake. So yummy.
Thirdly, Turmeric Sweet Potato Pie. How tasty does this look? Turmeric Sweet Potato Pie. So tasty.
Last But Not Least, Sticky Coconut Black Rice With Mango And Lime. This recipe is by Great British Bake Off’s Selasi featuring Vita Coco Coconut Oil. Looks so tasty and different to what I’ve ever eaten before. Sticky Coconut Black Rice With Mango And Lime.
Lollipop Coconut Chicken Recipe By Selasi Gbormittah:
You Might Also Like These Chicken Recipes:
Firstly, Italian Herb-Roasted Chicken With Watercress, Sun-Blushed Tomatoes And Salsa Verde. Here’s a Mediterranean-influenced salad with a whole roast chicken that’s perfect for sharing with friends and family, in true Italian style. So delectable. Italian Herb-Roasted Chicken With Watercress, Sun-Blushed Tomatoes And Salsa Verde. So tasty.
Secondly, LOVE Life Chicken And Leek Patchwork Pie Recipe. So now I’m going to share a fantastic recipe with you. Do you want to try this recipe for LOVE life chicken and leek patchwork pie as well? LOVE Life Chicken And Leek Patchwork Pie Recipe.
Thirdly, Chicken Tikka Curry: Autumn Jacket Potato Fillers. Chicken Tikka and the Great British spud are two famous favourites. Chicken Tikka Curry: Autumn Jacket Potato Fillers. So yummy.
Fourthly, Fiery Asparagus And Chicken Pasta:
Fiery Asparagus And Chicken Pasta. Is pasta on the menu? This is a meal that everyone in the family will enjoy. If your taste buds can’t handle the heat, lessen or eliminate the chilli entirely. This recipe is sure to become a family favourite in either case. When the weather turns cooler and the desire for comfort food arises, warm up with these delectable fall dishes. Fiery Asparagus And Chicken Pasta.
Fifth, How To Make Farmers Roast Chicken With Creamed Chantenay. Farmers Roast Chicken With Creamed Chantenay- There’s nothing better than a delicious roast chicken dinner, it’s I real crowd-pleaser. Served with creamy, lemony Chantenay carrots what could be better. Farmers Roast Chicken With Creamed Chantenay. Also great for Sunday dinner.
Sixth, How To Bake Chicken, Chorizo And Cornish New Potatoes Tray Roast. Fancy making a Chicken, Chorizo And Cornish New Potatoes Tray Roast? This healthy one tray roast makes it super easy to cook a roast dinner any day of the week. How To Bake Chicken, Chorizo And Cornish New Potatoes Tray Roast.
Last But Not Least, Chicken with Lime And Lemongrass Sauce:
As the temperature drops, the leaves change colour and the nights draw in, take comfort from some NEW, deliciously warming autumnal dishes, from Belvoir Fruit Farms. Belvoir is adding a splash of late summer sunshine to your meals as you prepare for the nights to draw in. The poet Keats described autumn as the ‘Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness’ and there’s no denying that the fruitfulness and mellow spiciness in these new recipes come from the addition of Belvoir’s range of cordials.
So always have a bottle or two on hand in the kitchen pantry – it’s a versatile ingredient and can be used in a range of recipes, as well as to make fabulously refreshing drinks. Belvoir Fruit Farms drinks are made using honest, natural ingredients to make its mouth-watering range of Cordials that contain no artificial preservatives, colourings, flavourings or sweeteners, just lashings of real pressed fruit juices, flowers and spices, pure and simple. Chicken with Lime And Lemongrass Sauce. So tasty.
Thank you so much for stopping by.