We have been busy, busy over the last few days of the half term holidays. A unexpected visit from my son who is at uni, some fun days out and even a spot of gardening when the sun was out on Wednesday.
When we have been indoors we have not been short of things to do thanks to the boredom busting basket and family fun guide from Flora Buttery.
We had lots of fun making a puppet show. My daughter had lots of fun making a boy and a girl puppet. She named them after her 2 favourite teddy’s, Alex (the lion) and Nelly (the elephant).
Credits : A Puppet Show : by Flora Butter.
We all have a pile of odd socks. Give them a new lease of life by making sock puppets.
Time : 10 minutes.
What you need :
- Odd socks
- Buttons Glue
- Wool Cardboard or felt
What to do:
- Find an old clean sock that’s long enough to go up your arm.
- Put your hand inside to make the basic mouth shape with your thumb and fingers.
- Sew on two buttons or glue on two circles for eyes.
- Now decide what other features to add; some wool hair, whiskers, eyelashes, a tongue?
- Finally name your puppet and suggest the kids stage a puppet show.
We had lots of run playing with our sock puppets, fancy making some too?
About this post :
We kindly got sent this Flora’s Family Fun Guide hamper to have some recipe and crafty fun over the half term holidays. All thoughts are our own and I was not paid for this post…