Mango & Chilli Marinated Chicken: Dinner Recipes. Hello friends. So how are you today? Are you looking for something tasty for dinner tonight? Mango & Chilli Marinated Chicken, anyone?
Table Of Contents:
- Firstly, Mango & Chilli Marinated Chicken Ingredients.
- Secondly, Mango & Chilli Marinated Chicken Method.
- Thirdly, Other Post Ideas.
Mango & Chilli Marinated Chicken: Dinner Recipes:
This recipe from chilli guru Dan May who has written his first book The Red Hot Chilli Cookbook, aimed at enlightening the public on the wonders of chillies.
- 1 teaspoon mixed peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 200 g/61⁄2 oz. fresh mango flesh, diced (from 1 mango about 300 g/10 oz.)
- 4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 small Habanero or other very hot chilli, very finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- handful of fresh coriander/cilantro, chopped
- 1–2 tablespoons olive oil, if required
- 4 large skinless free-range chicken breasts pilaf rice, to serve
- deep casserole dish
Mango & Chilli Marinated Chicken Method:
- Firstly, toast the spices in a hot, dry frying pan over medium heat until the seeds start to pop.
- Grind them, together with the salt, using a pestle and mortar.
- Put the ground spices, mango, vinegar, sugar, chilli, garlic and coriander/cilantro into a food processor and blend for about 30 seconds, or until smooth.
- If required, loosen the marinade with 1–2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Lightly score the chicken breasts with a sharp knife, place them into a deep bowl and cover with the marinade.
- Use your hands to rub the marinade well into the meat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours
- This can be done first thing in the morning and left to marinate until the evening.
- A few minutes before you are ready to start cooking, preheat the oven to 180˚C (350˚F) Gas 4.
- Place the chicken and its marinade in the deep casserole dish, cover with foil and cook in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and return the chicken to the oven for a further 10 minutes, or until cooked through. Last but not least, Serve on a bed of pilaf rice.
Mango & Chilli Marinated Chicken: Dinner Recipes.
So what do you think about this recipe? Do you also fancy trying it? Recipe and photo credit by – The Red Hot Chilli Cookbook by Dan May available from Amazon.
You Might Also Like:
- Firstly, Chilled Mango, Coconut And “Pearl” Puddings By Anjum Anand. Also today I am sharing Chilled mango, coconut and “pearl” puddings by TV Chef and Cookery Writer Anjum Anand. This recipe is also from her new cookbook – I Love India – which launched on 9th March. Chilled Mango, Coconut And “Pearl” Puddings By Anjum Anand. So yummy!
- Secondly, Griddled Chopped Chicken Salad By Anjum Anand. Today I am sharing Griddled chopped chicken salad by TV Chef and Cookery Writer Anjum Anand. This recipe is from her new cookbook – I Love India – which launched on 9th March. Griddled Chopped Chicken Salad By Anjum Anand.
- Thirdly, Tips On How To Create A Stand-out Dish – Anjum Anand. Anjum Anand, the founder of The Spice Tailor, has just launched her eighth cookery book, I Love India. I am so pleased to have Anjum on the blog today. Here she gives her top 5 tips on how to create a stand-out dish. Such great tips too. Tips On How To Create A Stand-out Dish – Anjum Anand.
Finally, lovelies; I hope you like this post?
Also, why not follow along so you never miss a post? So remember you can also share your thoughts here too in the comments below.