Maple Pear Porridge: Start The Day On The Right Foot.
Do you love to start the day with a nice and healthy breakfast?
Porridge is a perfect start to the day and today I have a tasty Maple Pear Porridge recipe to share with you.
How To Make Maple Pear Porridge:
You Will Need:
140g Quaker Oats
30g pumpkin seeds
30g sesame seeds
1 tablespoon of honey
800ml almond milk
For The Maple Pears:
2 pears, cored and sliced
1 tablespoon maple syrup, plus extra to serve
a handful of flaked almonds
How To Make:
1.) Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Scatter the pumpkin and sesame seeds onto a roasting tray and toast in the oven for 20 minutes. Check every 5 minutes and give them a shake to ensure they toast evenly. Once golden, cool them, then store in a jar until breakfast.
2.) To make your breakfast, put 1 handful of toasted mix per person in a pan with the Quaker Oats and 200ml almond milk and simmer on a low heat for 10 minutes.
3.) Meanwhile, heat the pears and maple syrup in a separate pan over a medium heat for 5 minutes, until just warmed through.
4.) Serve your porridge topped with warm pear, a drizzle of maple syrup and flaked almonds.
Recipe courtesy of: Anna Jones has teamed up with Quaker Oats to celebrate the start of #PorridgeSeason – when Brits are expected to eat over 847 million bowls of porridge – by creating this delicious Maple Pear Porridge recipe.
Check out 2016’s key porridge trends @QuakerOatsUK or visit Quaker.
What do you think of this Maple Pear Porridge recipe?
Fancy making some?
You may also like these porridge recipes:
Roasted Plum And Fennel Porridge:
Another tasty twist to porridge; Roasted Plum and Fennel Porridge.
Energising Porridge by Barleycup. Barleycup is known for its delicious range of instant gluten-free drinks made from roasted cereals and chicory root, but it also makes a tasty addition to a host of recipes – from breakfast to drinks and desserts. Energising Porridge.
- Every Day Of Your Life Is A Special Occasion
- Long Floaty Floral Maxi Dress And White Converse Shoes
- Green Floral Maxi Dress And A Visit To The Beach
- Zip Up Adidas Jacket, Skinny Jeans And Black Boots
- Spending Summer Days In Bakewell
- How To Style A Retro Rainbow Print D Buckle Belt
- Still Wearing My Teddy Coat From Winter: Fashion Over 40
- Spring Has Sprung But The Jumpers Are Back Out!!
- Gold Colour Cream Pearl Hair Clips: New In Today
- A Day Out In York: Way Back Wednesday Style Post
- Rose Gold Colour Crystal And Peach Flower Stud Earrings
- What If We Rewrite The Stars? 0ver 40 Fitness
- Getting My Summer Wardrobe Ready: Over 40 Style
- Ne’er Cast A Clout ‘Til May Be Out! Over 40 Style
- The Hardest Part Of Having A Dog Is Knowing