Martha Collison’s chocolate brownie pancakes. Hello friends, so how are you today?
Do you also fancy making any of these delicious Chocolate Brownie Pancakes?
Recipe created by Martha Collison.
Perfect for Pancake Day.
You can make the batter the night before and cook them the next morning for a really quick breakfast treat.
How To Make Martha Collison’s Chocolate Brownie Pancakes:
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Makes: 12 pancakes
175g plain flour
1 tbsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
50g light brown soft sugar
25g cocoa powder
300ml whole milk
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
1 medium egg
60g butter A little oil, for frying (optional)
For The Chocolate Sauce:
170ml pot double cream
1 tsp clear honey
75g dark chocolate, finely chopped
Raspberries, to serve
1. Firstly, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, brown sugar and cocoa powder in a large bowl or large jug. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients.
2. In a small jug, beat together the milk, vanilla and egg. Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the well you’ve made in the dry ingredients, whisking until the mixture is smooth.
3. Melt the butter in a frying pan over a medium heat, swirling it round to coat the base, then beat into the batter. Leave the frying pan on the heat, ready to fry the pancakes.
4. Use an ice-cream scoop or pour a few tbsp of batter into the centre of the frying pan. Try to get as close to a circle (about 10cm in size) as you can so the finished pancakes stack neatly on top of each other. Cook the pancakes for 1 minute on each side and then place onto a serving plate. Repeat the cooking process with the remaining batter, using a little oil for frying if necessary, until you have 12 pancakes.
5. To make the chocolate sauce, heat the cream and honey in a small pan until steaming. Remove from the heat and stir in the chocolate until it melts and the sauce is smooth. Serve the pancakes in stacks, drenched with chocolate sauce and scattered with a few raspberries.
Last but not least, enjoy.
So what do you think about this recipe?
Do you also fancy trying it?
Thanks so much for stopping by.Recipe and image courtesy of Waitrose & Partners and Martha Collison, Martha’s most recent book is CRAVE, published by HarperCollins.