Michelin Star BBQ Cleaning Tips.
Michelin Star BBQ Cleaning Tips from Chef Steve Smith @ Bohemia Restaurant, Jersey.
Summer is on its way and soon it will be the perfect weather for a BBQ.
After you have wined and dined your guests, the last thing you want to do is clean the BBQ.
So Michelin star chef Steve Smith has provided his tips on how to clean your BBQ as easily and as quickly as possible.
It is important to clean your BBQ regularly to prevent food poisoning and to prolong the life of the BBQ.
Michelin Star BBQ Cleaning Tips:
1. Preheat The Grill:
Clean the grill just after preheating it, this way the grease and food will scrape off easily.
2. Grab An Onion:
To remove all of the grit, place a half cut onion on the end of a fork and rub onto a hot grill.
3. Prevent Rusting:
Clean your grill with soapy water after cooking, then rinse and dry immediately and rub vegetable oil across the grill to prevent rust.
4. Don’t Throw Water:
If you are using a charcoal grill, then do not throw cold water over the coals after cooking as this will create a mess!
5. Crack Open A Beer:
Pour half a bottle of beer over a heated BBQ then rub with newspaper for a clean grill. Then you enjoy the rest of the beer for yourself!
6. Create A Paste:
Mix baking soda and water to make a paste then cover the grill in it with a wire brush. Let it dry for 15 minutes then wipe the grill with a dry cloth and place it over the hot coals for 15 minutes to burn off any remains before cooking the food.
Bohemia Bar & Restaurant provides unrivalled Michelin Star dining in the heart of Jersey. Head Chef Steve Smith, who has held a Michelin Star for over 15 years from the age of just 24, has created a truly outstanding dining experience with his ingredient and flavour driven tasting menus.
Tips courtesy of Steve Smith Bohemia Bar & Restaurant, Green Street, St. Helier, Jersey JE2 4UH, Channel Islands.
What do you think of these Michelin Star BBQ Cleaning Tips?
Will you be using any at your next BBQ?
Check out our BBQ posts here: Everything BBQ.
- 4 Burgers Ideas For Your Summer BBQ Party
- 4 Coleslaw Recipes For Your Summer BBQ Party
- 5 Fun Drink Recipes To Try Out: Great For BBQ’S
- 5 More Fun Drink Recipes To Try Out #CreativeMondays
- Venison Burger with Blue Cheese And Crispy Shallots
- 4 Meaty Ideas For Your Summer BBQ Party
- Turkey Burgers With Pea Guacamole
- Isle of Wight Tomato Avocado And Red Onion Salad With A Lime And Chilli Dressing
- FRO-YO Strawberry Bark: Summer Party Treats
- How To Make A Banana Nut Cornettos
- How To Make BerryWorld Mini Fruit Tarts
- Create Your Very Own BerryWorld Pimm’s Jellies
- How To Use Jerte Picota Cherries At A Garden Party
- Sticky Chicken Wings With A Spring Onion And Celery Blue Cheese Dip
- BBQ British Asparagus With Feta And Beetroot Dressing