Mini Berry Pavlovas: How To Make Diamond Jubilee Recipe’s. Hello friends. Mini Berry Pavlovas. How yummy!? A great recipe to try now or too bookmark for the Diamond Jubilee.
Great for Afternoon Tea, too!!
This post also contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one and make a purchase, I may receive a commission. You will not be charged any additional fees if you purchase through an affiliate link. Also, affiliate links will be marked with a *.
Mini Berry Pavlovas: How To Make:
Preparation Time: 20 minutes || Cooking Time: 25-30 minutes || To Decorate: 15 minutes
- 3 medium egg whites
- 175 g (6 oz) golden or ordinary caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 450 ml (3/4 pint) double cream
- 250 g (9 oz) Greek style yogurt
- 250 g (9 oz) raspberries
- 150 g (5 oz) blueberries
- 250 g (9 oz) small strawberries, quartered
Mini Berry Pavlovas Method:
- Preheat the oven to 140oC/fan 120oC/Gas Mark 1.
- Line two large baking sheets with non-stick baking paper.
- Whisk the egg whites in a large bowl until stiff, moist looking peaks.
- To check they are ready, turn the bowl upside down, the egg whites will only slide if not whisked enough.
- Gradually whisk in the sugar a teaspoonful at a time until it has all been added then whisk for a minute or two more until very thick and glossy.
- Mix the cornflour with the vinegar then fold into the meringue.
- Spoon into 24 small mounds on the paper lined trays, leaving a little space between them.
- Spread into rough shaped circles about 5 cm (2 inches) in diameter then make a small dip in the centre with the back of a teaspoon.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the meringues are very pale biscuit colour and can be easily lifted off the paper. If they stick, cook for another 10 minutes then test again.
- Leave to cool on paper.
- Mix the jam and lemon juice together.
- Divide the fruit between three bowls then stir a third of the jam into each.
- Whip the cream until it forms soft swirls, fold in the yogurt.
- Take pavlovas off the paper and arrange on a tray or plate, spoon cream on top then add raspberries to 8 mini pavlovas, blueberries to 8 more and strawberries to last batch.
- Serve within 1 hour of decorating.
- The pavlovas can be made the day before, when cold wrap the trays loosely with foil and keep in a cool place.
- Top with cream and fruit when needed.
So what do you think? Do you fancy trying some of these? Recipe and photo credits- Seasonal Berries.
You Might Also Like These Affiliated Links Below:*| * *| * *| *
You Might Also Like:
- Firstly, Diamond Jubilee Royal Shortbread Biscuits. Greetings, friends. So, how are things going for you today? Make a batch of these buttery shortbread biscuits to accompany the Jubilee celebrations — they’ll be your crowning glory! Diamond Jubilee Royal Shortbread Biscuits. So yummy.
- Secondly, Corgi Biscuits for the Jubilee Celebrations. Why not create some biscuits to commemorate the Queen’s favourite pets now that the Diamond Jubilee celebrations have begun? To commemorate The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee 2012, here’s how to bake some delicious Queen Elisabeth’s Corgis biscuits. The best recipes for afternoon tea. Corgi Biscuits for the Jubilee Celebrations. So perfect!
This post also contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you click on one and make a purchase. If you purchase through an affiliate link, you will not be charged any additional costs. A * will also appear next to affiliate links.