Mini Berry Pavlovas: How To Make Diamond Jubilee Recipe’s. Hello friends. Mini Berry Pavlovas. How yummy!? A great recipe to try now or too bookmark for the Diamond Jubilee.
Great for Afternoon Tea, too!!
Mini Berry Pavlovas: How To Make:
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 25-30 minutes
To decorate: 15 minutes
3 medium egg whites
175 g (6 oz) golden or ordinary caster sugar
1 teaspoon cornflour
1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
6 tablespoons strawberry jam
1/2 lemon, juice only
450 ml (3/4 pint) double cream
250 g (9 oz) Greek style yogurt
250 g (9 oz) raspberries
150 g (5 oz) blueberries
250 g (9 oz) small strawberries, quartered
Mini Berry Pavlovas Method:
- Preheat the oven to 140oC/fan 120oC/Gas Mark 1.
- Line two large baking sheets with non-stick baking paper.
- Whisk the egg whites in a large bowl until stiff, moist looking peaks.
- To check they are ready, turn the bowl upside down, the egg whites will only slide if not whisked enough.
- Gradually whisk in the sugar a teaspoonful at a time until it has all been added then whisk for a minute or two more until very thick and glossy.
- Mix the cornflour with the vinegar then fold into the meringue.
- Spoon into 24 small mounds on the paper lined trays, leaving a little space between them.
- Spread into rough shaped circles about 5 cm (2 inches) in diameter then make a small dip in the centre with the back of a teaspoon.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the meringues are very pale biscuit colour and can be easily lifted off the paper. If they stick, cook for another 10 minutes then test again.
- Leave to cool on paper.
- Mix the jam and lemon juice together.
- Divide the fruit between three bowls then stir a third of the jam into each.
- Whip the cream until it forms soft swirls, fold in the yogurt.
- Take pavlovas off the paper and arrange on a tray or plate, spoon cream on top then add raspberries to 8 mini pavlovas, blueberries to 8 more and strawberries to last batch.
- Serve within 1 hour of decorating.
The pavlovas can be made the day before, when cold wrap the trays loosely with foil and keep in a cool place. Top with cream and fruit when needed.
So what do you think? Do you fancy trying some of these? Recipe and photo credits- Seasonal Berries