Mixed Spiced Christmas Robin Biscuits.
How cute are these Christmas robin biscuits?
These are SO sweet.
I bet the children would love making some of these with you?
A great rainy day baking project.
How To Make Mixed spiced Christmas Robin Biscuits:
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time:12 minutes
Total time: 42 minutes
Makes: 20 – 24
150g butter, softened
100g dark brown muscovado sugar
1 medium Waitrose British Blacktail Free Range Egg, beaten
1 tbsp maple syrup
300g plain flour
2 tsp mixed spice
140g pouch Dr Oetker Designer Icing White
12 essential Waitrose Glacé Cherries, halved
2 x 32g Cadbury Flake
Mixed Spiced Christmas Robin Biscuits Method:
1. In a bowl, beat together the butter and sugar with an electric whisk until pale and creamy. Add the egg and syrup, then sift in the flour and spice. Mix well to form a dough. Shape into a flat ball or disc, and then wrap in clingfilm and chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 190°C, gas mark 5, and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Unwrap the dough, place between 2 sheets of clingfilm, and roll out to about 5mm thick. Using a Waitrose Robin Cookie Cutter cut out 20-24 shapes.
3. Place the biscuit shapes on the baking sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 5 minutes on the tray before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
4. To decorate, soften the icing according to the pack instructions. Using a disposable piping bag with a small writing nozzle, pipe a little roundel of icing on each robin’s breast, then smooth with a small palette knife dipped in hot water. Stick half a glacé cherry on top, leaving a little of the white exposed. Then use a small dot of icing to fix a currant for the robin’s eye.
5. To make the wings, cut the Flake into 2-3cm-long pieces, then cut each length in half and half again (to make 12-16 sticks from each Flake). Use a dot of icing to secure a stick of Flake for the wing. Leave the icing to set before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Waitrose
What do you think of these Christmas Biscuits?
Fancy making some?
As always, share your thoughts in the comments below ↓
See you tomorrow for Creative Mondays.
You Might Also Like:
Strawberry Robin Lollipops: Great For Christmas Parties.
Turmeric Sweet Potato Pie: Fancy Trying Some?
How To Make Peanut Butter Fudge: Perfect For A Gift.
Some More Posts That Might Be Of Interest:
Latest From The Blog:
My Blogs: ClaireJustine | Fashion On A Shoestring | Claire’s World |
Let’s Get Social : Twitter | Facebook | Pinterest | YouTube | Instagram |
Follow Along On: BlogLovin | Follow By Email |