Moroccan Sausage And Pepper Tagine.
Moroccan Sausage And Pepper Tagine anyone?
Moroccan stew cooked with peppers, Ras el hanout, and MOR Moroccan Spiced Pork, Cauliflower, and Chickpea Sausages.
How To Make Moroccan Sausage And Pepper Tagine:
Cost per serving: £3.50/£2.35
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: About an hour
- 1 pack MOR Moroccan Spiced Pork, Cauliflower, and Chickpea Sausages
- 1 tbsp Ras el hanout paste
- 2 small red onions, quartered
- 1 red pepper, sliced and deseeded
- 1 bulb fennel, cut into six pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 150g cherry tomatoes
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 12 dried apricots, roughly chopped
- 8 stoned dates, roughly chopped
- 500ml chicken stock
- 1 small bunch freshly chopped coriander
- (optional) 1 tbsp chopped pistachios
Moroccan Sausage And Pepper Tagine Method:
1. Set the oven to 180°C. While it’s heating up, place the pot over a medium heat, swirl in the olive oil, then add the onion, red pepper, and fennel. Cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Drop in the garlic and cherry tomatoes before stirring through the Ras el hanout paste, making sure all the vegetables are coated. Check the heat so as not to burn the garlic.
3. Add the chopped tomatoes, chicken stock, apricots and dates, then season with salt and pepper. Give everything a good stir.
4. Grill the sausages as per pack instructions, turning once, until they have a nice, even colour, and pop them into the tagine.
5. Cover the pot and put it in your pre-heated oven for 40 minutes. When it’s ready, serve immediately with lemon couscous. To finish, garnish with the fresh coriander and – if you like – chopped pistachios.
If you don’t have a traditional tagine pot, that’s no problem. Just use a large, cast-iron saucepan.
You can use regular red peppers, but we like to use the pointed Ramiro variety for extra sweetness.
Fancy an adventurous twist? Add preserved lemons and golden raisins at the same time as the chopped tomatoes.
Recipe & image courtesy of MOR Sausage.
What do you think of this Moroccan Sausage And Pepper Tagine recipe?
You Might Also Like:
Some More Posts That Might Be Of Interest:
- Indian Turkey Curry With Shallots: Fiery Curry Recipe
- Turkey, Gammon And Sprout Pot Pie: A Perfect Recipe At
- Christmas Leftover Veg Tart For A Delicious Meal
- Fruit And Nut Stuffing Bake And How To Make Some
- Cranberry Glazed Christmas Ham: A Classic Recipe
- California Walnut And Lemon Parsley Spaghetti
- LOVE Life Chicken And Leek Patchwork Pie Recipe
- Asparagus, Tuna And Bean Salad With Shallot: How To
- Radish And Celery Potato Salad: Healthy Lunch Ideas
- Chantenay Toad In The Hole: Classic Comfort Food