Melting Mushroom Burgers With Beetroot Slaw. Hello friends. So how are you today? National BBQ Week (28th May). Another beautiful day has me thinking of getting the BBQ out and making yummy food outside.
Talking of BBQ’S next week is National BBQ Week (28th May). Fancy making some Melting Mushroom Burgers With Beetroot Slaw?
Step up your burger experience with our mouthwatering Melting Mushroom Burgers with Beetroot Slaw recipe.
How To Make Melting Mushroom Burgers With Beetroot Slaw:
Sink your teeth into a juicy mushroom patty that melts in your mouth, complemented by the vibrant flavours of our homemade beetroot slaw.
This vegetarian delight is a symphony of earthy mushrooms, tangy slaw, and wholesome ingredients, creating a harmonious and satisfying dining experience.
Prepare to tantalise your taste buds and embrace a culinary journey that celebrates the beauty of plant-based flavours. Melting Mushroom Burgers With Beetroot Slaw. National BBQ Week (28th May).
Preparation time: 15 minutes + marinating || Cooking time: 20 minutes || Total time: 35 minutes
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp Waitrose Chilli Infused Olive Oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 Waitrose Large Flat Mushrooms
- 2 carrots, shredded or grated
- 2 raw beetroots, shredded or grated
- 4 salad onions, finely sliced
- 20g pack fresh dill, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard, plus extra to serve
- 1 pickled gherkin, finely chopped
- 120g Taleggio cheese
- 4 brioche burger buns
Melting Mushroom Burgers With Beetroot Slaw Method:
How To Make:
- Firstly, place the vinegar, chilli oil, oregano and garlic in a large food bag with the mushrooms. Squeeze the air out of the bag and seal then turn the mushrooms to coat. Leave to marinate for 15-30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, place the carrots and beetroots in a large serving bowl with the salad onions and dill. Mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, mustard and gherkin and pour over the root veg mix. Toss together then set aside.
- Cook the mushrooms on a hot griddle or barbecue for 5-8 minutes on each side, brushing with any leftover marinade, until they are tender and lightly charred.
- Slice the Taleggio into 4, place a slice on top of each mushroom (stalk side) and cook for a few more minutes until the cheese starts to melt.
- Halve the buns, place the mushrooms inside, topped with the slaw. Serve extra slaw and mustard on the side.
Cook’s Tip. Keep the soft Taleggio cheese in the fridge until you’re ready to cook so it’s easier to slice.
Melting Mushroom Burgers With Beetroot Slaw. Recipe and image also courtesy of Waitrose. So what do you think of this Melting Mushroom Burgers With Beetroot Slaw recipe? Do you also fancy trying it. National BBQ Week (28th May). For more BBQ inspiration check out some of these other recipes here: BBQ Recipes.
You Might Also Like:
BerryWorld Blackberry Mint Mojito:
Firstly, BerryWorld Blackberry Mint Mojito. Are you looking for a tasty drink to make up? Fancy making some BerryWorld Blackberry Mint Mojitos Every good BBQ starts with a tasty cocktail. A fantastic flavour combination – the mint and the blackberries go perfectly together for a fruity twist on this classic cocktail! Fancy a BerryWorld Blackberry Mint Mojito? Perfect For Your BBQ Parties. So good.
BerryWorld Strawberry Rocky Road:
Secondly, BerryWorld Strawberry Rocky Road. Love chocolate and fresh fruit? How about making some Strawberry Rocky Roads. These would go down a real treat ant your Summer parties or BBQ’S! Yummy. Guest post from BerryWorld: Our strawberry rocky road is a decadent and quick way to indulge. Whip up a batch when you’re expecting a visitor, just don’t expect it to last long! It’s the ultimate naughty but nice snack. Strawberry Rocky Road. So tasty.
Thirdly, BerryWorld Fruity Meringues: Afternoon Tea. These classic meringues are topped with cool whipped cream and your choice of berries. They also make a delicious pudding or afternoon treat. Great for valentine’s Day! So how sweet are these? BerryWorld Fruity Meringues: Afternoon Tea. So yummy.
Melting Mushroom Burgers With Beetroot Slaw. Thank you so much for stopping by. I also hope you liked this post.