National BBQ Week (28th May): Melting Mushroom Burgers With Beetroot Slaw. Another beautiful day has me thinking of getting the BBQ out and making yummy food outside. Talking of BBQ’S next week is National BBQ Week (28th May). Fancy making some Melting Mushroom Burgers With Beetroot Slaw?
National BBQ Week (28th May).
How To Make Melting Mushroom Burgers With Beetroot Slaw:
Preparation time: 15 minutes + marinating
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp Waitrose Chilli Infused Olive Oil
1 tsp dried oregano
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
4 Waitrose Large Flat Mushrooms
2 carrots, shredded or grated
2 raw beetroots, shredded or grated
4 salad onions, finely sliced
20g pack fresh dill, finely chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tbsp Dijon mustard, plus extra to serve
1 pickled gherkin, finely chopped
120g Taleggio cheese
4 brioche burger buns
1. Place the vinegar, chilli oil, oregano and garlic in a large food bag with the mushrooms. Squeeze the air out of the bag and seal then turn the mushrooms to coat. Leave to marinate for 15-30 minutes, turning occasionally.
2. Meanwhile, place the carrots and beetroots in a large serving bowl with the salad onions and dill. Mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, mustard and gherkin and pour over the root veg mix. Toss together then set aside.
3. Cook the mushrooms on a hot griddle or barbecue for 5-8 minutes on each side, brushing with any leftover marinade, until they are tender and lightly charred.
4. Slice the Taleggio into 4, place a slice on top of each mushroom (stalk side) and cook for a few more minutes until the cheese starts to melt.
5. Halve the buns, place the mushrooms inside, topped with the slaw. Serve extra slaw and mustard on the side.
Keep the soft Taleggio cheese in the fridge until you’re ready to cook so it’s easier to slice
Recipe and image courtesy of Waitrose. What do you think of this Melting Mushroom Burgers With Beetroot Slaw recipe? National BBQ Week (28th May). For more BBQ inspiration check out some of these other recipes here: BBQ Recipes.
Fancy a BerryWorld Blackberry Mint Mojito? Perfect For Your BBQ Parties.
Some More Posts That Might Be Of Interest:
- 4 Burgers Ideas For Your Summer BBQ Party
- 5 More Fun Drink Recipes To Try Out #CreativeMondays
- 5 Fun Drink Recipes To Try Out: Great For BBQ’S
- Venison Burger with Blue Cheese And Crispy Shallots
- 4 Meaty Ideas For Your Summer BBQ Party
- Turkey Burgers With Pea Guacamole
- 4 Coleslaw Recipes For Your Summer BBQ Party
- Isle of Wight Tomato Avocado And Red Onion Salad With A Lime And Chilli Dressing
- FRO-YO Strawberry Bark: Summer Party Treats
- How To Make A Banana Nut Cornettos
- How To Make BerryWorld Mini Fruit Tarts
- Create Your Very Own BerryWorld Pimm’s Jellies
- How To Use Jerte Picota Cherries At A Garden Party
- Sticky Chicken Wings With A Spring Onion And Celery Blue Cheese Dip
- BBQ British Asparagus With Feta And Beetroot Dressing
Latest From The Blog:
- Isle of Wight Tomato Shakshuka: Supper Sorted
- Chocolate Fondue That You Will Want To Share
- All Dressed Up With Nowhere To Go
- How To Make Apple Of Your Eye Pie…
- 20 Valentine Recipes To Try Out This Valentine’s Day
- The Photo Shoot With My Daughter: Black And White
- Pink Saturday And A Reminder Of Better Thing’s
- Do You Want To Build A Snowman: What I Wore
- Bohemia’s Top Tips On The Best Valentine’s Day Desserts
- Flashback Friday: London Travels With Mini Me
- Quick And Easy Shoe Re-Style For Valentines Day
- BerryWorld Strawberry and Almond Macarons: How To
- 10 Smoothie Bowl Recipes To Try Out This Week!!
- 12 Recipes For Veganuary: Recipe Inspiration To Try
- Teddy Coat, Bootleg Jeans & Trying To Find The Sunshine