Did you know it is National Cupcake week, this week?
A good reason to make lots of yummy cupcake then 🙂
Over the weekend we have been having lots of fun making cupcakes. Thanks to OXO for sending me some baking tools and eggs to get me started. I received a none slip Mixing bowl to make some cupcakes in and this sweet cupcake corer to make my cupcakes that bit fancier!
Cupcakes are my all time favourite things to make and bake, so I could not wait to get started. We all love cupcakes here.
Now do I makes 6 chocolate and 6 vanilla buns and swap the cores over? Fill the middles of the cakes with butter cream, chocolate spread, jam or cream? So many ideas spinning through my head.
How much fun!?!
Chocolate buttercream cupcakes:
- You will also need 2 muffin tins.
- 18 cupcake cases.
- Electric mixer.
- Wire rack.
First I made some plain cupcakes:
- 200g Self raising flour, sifted
- 200g Caster sugar
- 200g Margarine
- 4 Eggs
For the toppings:
- 225g Icing sugar
- 50g Margarine
- 2 tablespoons hazelnut chocolate spread
- 2 tablespoons of skimmed milk
- Dusting of cocoa powder
- Place all the cupcake ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix together with an electric whisk until all mixed in.
- Pre heat oven to 180c.
- Place cupcake cases into muffin trays and spoon mixer evenly between all 18.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes until golden and cooked.
- Place cooked cupcakes onto a wire rack to cool.
Chocolate buttercream :
- Place the sifted icing sugar, margarine, hazelnut spread and milk into a bowl and whisk well.
- Corer the cooled cupcakes.
- Place half to 1 tsp of mixture into the middle of the of the cupcakes.
- Replace the tops.
- Smooth remaining buttercream onto the cupcakes.
- Dust with a little sifted cocoa powder.
I want to make some pinata cupcakes later in the week as our local shop has sold out of mini M&M’s. I can imagine the kids loving these too.
About this post:
I got sent a mixing bowl and cup corer c/o OXO and some eggs from The Happy Egg Co. All thoughts are my own and I was not paid for this post.