Ne’er Cast A Clout ‘Til May Be Out! Over 40 Style. Hello friends, happy Thursday.
Hasn’t the weather been gorgeous over the last few days? Beautiful.
Mollie and I have been getting lots of quality time together in and making every minute of our last few days, weeks or months together.
If you missed why you can find out here: The Hardest Part Of Having A Dog Is; Knowing They Are Dying And There Is Nothing You Can Do To Help Them.
Ne’er Cast A Clout ‘Til May Be Out! Over 40 Style:
“Ne’er cast a clout ’til May be out!” my grandma always told me!!
Oh yes, I was warm, but warm is good. I love being warm and cosy. Maybe just a bit to warm and cosy, ha!! 😍
“Ne’er cast a clout ’til May be out” Clout is from an Old English word for cloth or clothing.
So this saying is a reminder not to be too quick to pack away the winter clothes away just because we have a bit of warmer weather. Just in case the cold weather comes back again.
My husband took me some lovely photos the other day on our walk in the woods with Mollie. Even though it was warm, well red hot for the time of year. I still took my coat with me as I hate being cold!! Even in summer if I am cold my hands go blue so I do not like taking chances! Especially not in spring!!
It is like someone flicked a switch and it is back to being cold again today. I ran in a jogging suit and still could not warm up!!
Ne’er Cast A Clout ‘Til May Be Out! Over 40 Style: What I Wore:
Coat: Tu Clothing | Dress: H&M | Boots: Tu Clothing
So do you have any fun plans for today? I have a day off work. So I have just been on a run with Mollie and now going to make a yummy smoothie. Then I will see my mum later for a walk with her and my new fur-baby brother, Freddie!!
Didn’t realise how long my hair was until yesterday, either. Had a lot cut off at Christmas too. Anyone else got lockdown hair? Got my hair booked in for end of April 😍🥰 Lockdown Hair!
You might Like This Post In The Same Woods:
Irregular Choice Round Up Gang:
Over the weekend I’ve been clearing out old clothes and finding things out I save for best and then never getting around to wearing as I do not want to ruin them. The trouble with saving things for best is you never get around to wearing them. When do you wear your best things!? Irregular Choice Round Up Gang.
You Might Also Like My Latest Post:
- Somewhere Over The Rainbow, Skies Are Blue
- Jumpers Back Out For This Crazy Cold May Weather
- Blogging Over A Decade & Another Lockdown Birthday
- Denim Jacket, Yellow Maxi Dress And A Beautiful
- 6 Pairs Of Earrings For Spring Summer 2021: UK Buy
- Chesterfield Crooked Spire In Springtime: Over 40 Style
- Saturday Night’s Alright For Fighting
- My Spring 2021 Footwear: This Weeks Friday Feet
- Light Blue Floral Maxi Dress With Light Blue Shoes
- Bee Kind, Bee Honest, Bee Positive, Over 40 Fashion
- All Dressed Up And Nowhere To Go: What I Wore
- Travel Plans To London But First, Let Me Take A Selfie
- The North Face Coat, Primark Jumper And Tu Clothing
- Every Day Of Your Life Is A Special Occasion
- Long Floaty Floral Maxi Dress And White Converse Shoes