Oaty Potato Cakes & Smoked Salmon: Breakfast In Bed.
A match made in heaven! Perfect for a breakfast in bed treat or a lazy mothering Sunday brunch – something the whole family can enjoy.
How To Make Oaty Potato Cakes And Smoked Salmon:
Preparation time: 5-10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
100g (31/2oz) White’s Speedicook porridge oats
450g (1lb) floury potatoes, peeled and diced
25g (1oz) butter (see cook’s tip)
4 large eggs
150ml (1/4pint) skimmed milk
4 slices smoked salmon
1 spring onion, trimmed and thinly sliced
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1.) Cook the potatoes in a pan of lightly salted boiling water for 8-10 minutes.
2.) Drain well and return to the saucepan and heat for 30-40 seconds to drive off any excess moisture. Allow to cool.
3.) Mash the potatoes with half the butter and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Stir in the oats and divide the mixture into 4 equal pieces. Shape into 4inch patties.
4.) Whisk the eggs and milk together and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add half the remaining butter to a large non-stick frying pan and heat until foaming.
5.) Add the potato cakes and fry for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown adjusting the heat if necessary so the butter does not brown.
6.) Arrange on kitchen paper, cover and keep warm.
7.) Wipe out the pan and return to the heat, add the remaining butter and melt. Stir in the egg mixture and cook over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes stirring until creamy and just set.
8.) Arrange the potato cakes on individual serving plates (serve both or one on the side instead of toast).
9.) Spoon over the scrambled eggs and smoked salmon. Sprinkle over the spring onions and freshly ground black pepper and serve immediately.
For an even healthier version omit the butter from the mashed potatoes and use a low-calorie cooking spray to cook the potato cakes and scrambled eggs.
Recipes courtesy of Whites Oats.
What do you think of this Oaty Potato Cakes And Smoked Salmon Breakfast recipe?
Fancy making some?
You might also like:
- Somewhere Over The Rainbow, Skies Are Blue
- Jumpers Back Out For This Crazy Cold May Weather
- Blogging Over A Decade & Another Lockdown Birthday
- Denim Jacket, Yellow Maxi Dress And A Beautiful
- 6 Pairs Of Earrings For Spring Summer 2021: UK Buy
- Chesterfield Crooked Spire In Springtime: Over 40 Style
- Saturday Night’s Alright For Fighting
- My Spring 2021 Footwear: This Weeks Friday Feet
- Light Blue Floral Maxi Dress With Light Blue Shoes
- Bee Kind, Bee Honest, Bee Positive, Over 40 Fashion
- All Dressed Up And Nowhere To Go: What I Wore
- Travel Plans To London But First, Let Me Take A Selfie
- The North Face Coat, Primark Jumper And Tu Clothing
- Every Day Of Your Life Is A Special Occasion
- Long Floaty Floral Maxi Dress And White Converse Shoes