Orange and White Chocolate Cake
Guest post : courtesy of Braun Household
Preparation time: 40 mins
Cooking time: 1 hour 40 mins
- 120g flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 80g butter, melted
- 120g sugar
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- Juice of 1 orange
- Grated zest of ½ an orange
Ingredients for white chocolate icing:
- 250g white chocolate
- 250g crème fraiche
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C.
- In a saucepan, boil and reduce the orange juice down to one tablespoon.
- In a clean bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar and vanilla essence until pale and creamy.
- Add the orange zest and reduced orange juice.
- Pour in the melted butter, slowly stir in the baking powder and flour and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Pour into a buttered 20cm round cake tin and bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Meanwhile for the icing, slowly melt the white chocolate in a clean saucepan.
- Whisk the crème fraiche in a bowl until thick and then fold in the melted white chocolate.
- Once baked, cut the sponge in half horizontally and using a spatula, spread half the icing over one of the sponge halves then place the other half on top.
- Decorate the top with the remaining icing and allow to set in the fridge for at least 1 hour before slicing.
- You can easily replace the white chocolate in the icing with milk chocolate or dark chocolate if you prefer.
About this post: This recipe was provided by Braun Household. No Payment was received.