My daughter was off school today ill 🙁
So with nowhere and it snowing again, I decided to do some baking 🙁
Here is what I came up with today to finish off the mixed peel from Christmas…
- 125g Margarine
- 125g Golden caster sugar
- 4 Tablespoons of golden syrup
- 1 Tablespoon orange juice
- 175g Porridge oats
- 75g Self raising flour
- 50g Mixed orange and lemon peel
- 1 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 200g White cooking chocolate
- Chocolate sprinkles
You will need:
- 4 x medium love heart tray
- Pre heat oven to 180c 375f Gas mark 5.
- Grease 4 heart trays.
- Place the margarine, golden caster sugar, golden syrup and orange juice into a large pan and gently heat until all melted.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the oats, self raising flour, mixed peel and ground cinnamon.
- Mix well.
- Spoon into the 4 trays and press down with the back of the spoon.
- Bake for around 15 minutes until golden.
- Remove from the oven.
- Leave 5 minutes then turn out to cool.
- Melt the cooking chocolate in a heat proof bowl over a pan of simmering pre boiled water.
- Once melted place the flapjacks back into the trays and cover the tops.
- Leave to cool slightly, so not to melt the sprinkles the place them on top
- Leave to set.