Recipe and image courtesy of Dr Oetker.
Orange, Hazelnut And Caramel Vegan Loaf.
Orange, Hazelnut And Caramel Vegan Loaf anyone?
How To Make A Orange, Hazelnut and Caramel Vegan Loaf:
Prep, cooling & cooking time: 50minutes
Ingredients (serves 8):
- 2tbsp Hazelnut butter (peanut or almond butter will also work fine)
- 125ml (plus 1 ½ tbsp) Maple syrup
- ½ tsp Dr. Oetker Caramel Flavour
- 150ml Coconut cream (chilled in the fridge)
- 180ml Hazelnut milk
- 2 Oranges
- 1½ tsp Cider vinegar
- 75g (2.5ozl) Blanched roasted hazelnuts
- 150g (5 ozl) Plain flour
- 1tsp (5g, 1 sachet) Dr. Oetker Baking Powder
- 1tsp (7g, 1 sachet) Dr. Oetker Bicarbonate of Soda
- 60 ml Sunflower oil, plus extra to grease
How To Make An Orange, Hazelnut And Caramel Vegan Loaf :
For the caramel drizzle; mix the hazelnut butter, 1 ½ tbsp of the maple syrup and the caramel extract until combined then whisk in the coconut cream until smooth. Set aside in the fridge.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C, 160C fan, gas 4. Grease a 450g loaf tin and line with baking parchment.
- In a jug add the hazelnut milk to the vinegar and set aside for 10 mins. finely grate the zest of one of the oranges, slice the zest off the other one into thin strips and reserve for decoration.
- Blend 60g of the hazelnuts in the food processor until finely ground. In a medium bowl mix them with the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda.
- Mix in the oil and fine orange zest with the hazelnut milk until smooth, add the Maple Syrup, then pour into the bowl with the dry ingredients, folding together gently using a balloon whisk until just combined.
- Pour into the tin and bake for 30-35 mins or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Once cool enough to handle turn out on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Drizzle over a little of the caramel topping (serve the rest on the side), chop the remaining hazelnuts and sprinkle over the cake along with the zest strips.
Orange, Hazelnut And Caramel Vegan Loaf. Recipe and image courtesy of Dr Oetker.
What do you think of this Orange, Hazelnut And Caramel Vegan Loaf?
Fancy making one?
You might also like:
- How Do You Like Your Eggs? Hotel Chocolat Review
- Easter Biscuits Sharing Ideas: Easter Special
- A Poppy Swing Dress That Never Goes Out Of Style
- Top 5 Dinner Party Dishes for Easter To Try Out
- Afternoon Tea Recipes: Spoil Your Mum On Mother’s Day
- Vanilla Easter Cup Cakes: Easter Baking How To Make
- 9 Tips For A Perfect Valentines Day Meal
- How To Make Apple Of Your Eye Pie
- BerryWorld Strawberry and Almond Macarons: How To
- 12 Recipes For Veganuary: Recipe Inspiration To Try