Guest post: French Goats Cheese
Parma ham, avocado, crouton salad with creamy goat’s cheese dressing and Tomme..
- 2 thick slices pain de campagne
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 little gem lettuces
- 2 avocados
- 4 slices Parma ham
- 50g Tomme de Chèvre
- 100g Mild French Goat’s Cheese
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Heat the oven to 190ºC/170ºfan/Gas 5.
- Cut the bread into small chunks and put in a tin with the oil, tossing to coat.
- Bake for 10 minutes until the bread is crisp and golden.
- To make the dressing beat the goat’s cheese until soft, then whisk in 1 tbsp cold water, then the oil, mustard, lemon juice and a little salt and pepper.
- Separate the lettuce leaves and divide between four bowls.
- Halve the avocados, peel and stone them and cut the flesh into chunks.
- Add to the lettuce with the sliced onion.
- Tear the parma ham into pieces and add to the salads.
- Drizzle over the dressing.
- Shave thin strips of Tomme using a swivel peeler, then scatter them over the salad.
- Serve without delay. Drizzle over the dressing.
- This crunchy salad makes a great lunch to share with friends.
- Creamy goat’s cheese gives the dressing a fresh tangy flavour, and the finishing touch of shavings of Tomme de Chèvre add a sweet nuttiness.
About this post: This is a guest recipe from French Goats Cheese. No Payment was received.