Party Berry Trifles: Perfect For Any Occasion. Party Berry Trifles anyone? A great recipe to try now. Or to bookmark for the Diamond Jubilee.
You don’t need to worry about buying fancy glasses for this favourite dessert, just recycle glass jars with nice lids, small chocolate spread jars, jam or yogurt pots all work well.
If you are not planning a street party, add the jars of trifle to a picnic basket or cool bag for a summer picnic on the beach or at an open-air concert and remember to pack the spoons!
How To Make Party Berry Trifles:
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Chilling time: 3-4 hours
For The Jelly:
- 450 g (1 lb) strawberries, sliced
- 150 ml (1/4 pint) cold water plus 4 tablespoons
- 50 g (2 oz) caster sugar
- 3 teaspoons powdered gelatine
- 150 g (5 oz) raspberries
- Juice ½ lemon
- 190g jam Swiss roll, diced
- 100 ml (31/2 fl oz) dry or sweet sherry
- 250 g (9 oz) strawberries, sliced
- 2 x 425 g (15 oz) cans custard
- 450 ml (3/4 pint) double cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons icing or caster sugar
- Sugar sprinkles, union jack sugar discs (buy online) or extra fruits to decorate, optional
Party Berry Trifles Method:
- To make the jelly, add the strawberries to a saucepan with the 150 ml (1/4 pint) water and the sugar, cover and cook gently for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the gelatine over the remaining 4 tablespoons water in a small bowl and leave to stand for 5 minutes.
- Puree the cooked strawberries in a liquidiser or food processor with the raspberries then press the puree through a sieve back into the saucepan.
- Add the bowl of gelatine to a small saucepan of gently simmering water, so that the water is halfway up sides of the bowl. Heat for 4-5 minutes until the gelatine becomes a clear liquid.
- Stir into the fruit puree with the lemon juice.
- To assemble the trifles, divide the diced Swiss roll between 10 small glasses each about 200 -250 ml (7-8 fl oz) and drizzle each one with 2 teaspoons of sherry.
- Top with the remaining sliced strawberries then cover with the fruit jelly.
- Chill for 3-4 hours until the jelly has set, or make the night before if preferred.
- A few hours before serving, divide the custard between the trifle glasses.
- Lightly whip the cream with the vanilla and sugar then spoon over the custard.
- Return to the fridge with the jar lids until ready to serve.
- Add decorations, if using at the last minute.
Party Berry Trifles Recipe and photo credits- Seasonal Berries
What do you think of these Party Berry Trifles?
Fancy making some?
You Might Also Like:
Lily Vanilli’s Festive Trifle: Perfect For Christmas.
Pear And Ginger Trifle.
Big Fruit Trifle.
Mango Peach And Passion Fruit Trifles.
Scottish Berry Trifle.