Me and my daughter made these fun and easy to make fairy cakes for her class at school last Friday to celebrate end of SAT’s!!
We made up 3 batches as there is around 24 in her class and we wanted some for the weekend too. We also made a few in the cupcake machine as we were running out of time.
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
- 150g Soft margarine
- 150g Caster sugar
- 3 Medium eggs
- 150g Self raising flour
- Few drops of vanilla essence
For the icing:
- 125g icing sugar
- 2-3 Tablespoons of water
- Coloured Sprinkles
- With an electric whisk, mix the margarine to make it nice and smooth.
- Add the caster sugar, self-raising flour, eggs and vanilla extracts to the bowl and mix until all combined.
- Pop into 14-16 paper cake cases and bake at 175°C/155°C fan/gas mark 4 for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
- Leave to cool.
- Sift the icing sugar and add a little bit of water at a time, mixing until the right consistency.
- Add the sprinkles.
My daughter took a box full to school and everyone loved them. Also, everyone at home did too!