Recipe and image courtesy of Trex
Passion Cake: Afternoon Tea Recipe. Hello friends, so how are you today? Love cake? I know I do! Today I am sharing this yummy Passion Cake recipe with you. Delicious.
Recipe and image courtesy of Trex.
How To Make A Passion Cake:
Indulge in the exquisite pleasure of a Passion Cake, a sublime creation that transforms a simple afternoon tea into a luxurious experience for the senses. This delectable confection combines the rich, moist texture of a classic cake with the intense and cinnamon flavours.
As you take your first bite, the velvety crumb melts in your mouth, revealing a burst of sweetness that dances on your palate. The delicate balance of sweetness and tartness in every slice is a testament to the mastery of flavors embodied in this culinary masterpiece.
Savour each moment as you pair this exceptional cake with a steaming cup of your favorite tea, creating a harmonious symphony of flavours that elevates your afternoon tea ritual to new heights of delight.
- A little Trex, for greasing
- 150g Trex, at room temperature
- 150g Light muscovado sugar
- 3 Large eggs
- ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- Finely grated zest of 1 orange
- 200g Plain flour
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 3/4 tsp Baking powder
- 3/4 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp Ground cinnamon
- 225g Grated carrot
- 50g Ground almonds
- 75g Raisins
- 200g Cream cheese
- 100g Icing sugar
- Finely grated orange zest
- Pomegranate seeds (optional)
How To Make:
- Firstly, preheat the oven to 170°C/fan oven 150°C/Gas Mark 3. Grease a 20cm (8in) round cake tin with a little Trex, then line with baking paper.
- Put the Trex, sugar, eggs, vanilla and orange zest into a large mixing bowl. Sift in the flour, salt, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon. Use a wooden spoon to beat together until smooth and creamy, about one to two minutes.
- Add the grated carrot, almonds and raisins and fold them in with a large metal spoon. Transfer to the prepared tin and level the surface.
- Bake on the middle shelf of the oven for one hour, or until a fine skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the frosting, beat the cream cheese and sugar together. Spread over the top of the cake and sprinkle with orange zest and pomegranate seeds.
- Lastly, enjoy.
So what do you think of this Passion Cake? Do you also fancy making one?
You might also like to check out all theses cake recipes on this blog here:
Chocolate Roulade With Boozy Blackberries:
Firstly, Chocolate Roulade With Boozy Blackberries. With boozy blackberries in a chocolate cake. Amazing-looking chocolate dessert made with sloe gin and blackberries will impress friends and family.
How tasty! Alongside ground almonds, larger shops now sell packs of hazelnuts that have already been ground. If your local store doesn’t stock them, buy whole hazelnuts and grind them at home in the liquidiser or food processor. Chocolate Roulade With Boozy Blackberries. So good.
4 Heart Shaped Recipes To Try Out On Valentines Day:
Secondly, 4 Heart Shaped Recipes To Try Out On Valentines Day. Valentines day is just around the corner and do you have anything fun planned to celebrate it? So today I am sharing 4 Heart Shaped Recipes To Try Out On Valentines Day if one of your plans is to also bake something yummy this year. 4 Heart Shaped Recipes To Try Out On Valentines Day. So much love.
Lime & Coconut Yogurt Cake:
Thirdly, Lime And Coconut Yogurt Cake. Hello. Fancy a nice treat? So today I have a Lime And Coconut Yogurt Cake recipe to share with you. Lime And Coconut Yogurt Cake. So yummy.
Please also leave any thoughts on the comment section below.
Thank you so much for stopping by. Passion Cake. Also, find me on the Web | Twitter | Facebook
Polka Dot Lady. You can also read more about me here: Polka Dot Lady. Thank you so much for stopping by. I also hope you liked this post. Also, follow along on Facebook for regular updates.