Passion Fruit And Pistachio Cake: Afternoon Tea Recipe. Hello friends, so how are you today? The Crumbs Sisters use Lizi’s Granola to create a stunning Passionfruit And Pistachio Cake.
Famous online bloggers, vloggers and all round recipes masterminds, The Crumbs Sisters have combined forces with Lizi’s Granola to produce a delicious and original Passionfruit & Pistachio cake specially for your celebrations.
This cleverly designed cake infused with Lizi’s Passionfruit & Pistachio Granola is an original alternative, making it a nice change for home baking as well as being a great conversation starter.
The best thing is, it looks harder than it is!
Passionfruit & Pistachio Cake (Lizi’s Passionfruit & Pistachio Granola):
- 250g butter – room temperature
- 250g sugar
- 100g pistachios, roasted but not salted
- 100g ground almonds
- 200g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 3 eggs
- Juice and zest of an orange
- 50g butter – room temperature
- 150g cream cheese
- 75g icing sugar
- 1 passion fruit (or passion fruit curd)
- 1 tbsp Lizi’s Passionfruit & Pistachio Granola
Passion Fruit And Pistachio Cake Method:
- Firstly, butter and line a 20cm cake tin. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C/160 fan.
- Give the butter and sugar a really good mix with a handheld blender or a standalone mixer (if you’ve got one, lucky thing!).
- After about three minutes of whizzing, add pistachios, almonds, flour, baking powder and the yoghurt.
- Give it a good beating, till everything is well mixed. Then add the eggs, one at a time.
- Pour the batter into the lined cake tin and put in the oven for around 50 minutes, until a skewer comes out of the cake clean. Leave to cool and make the icing.
Icing The Cake:
- With an electric whisk cream the butter until it is pale. Add the cream cheese, whisk some more and then whisk in the icing sugar.
- Cut the passion fruit in half, and sieve the juice into the icing. You could put the seeds in too, but for something a bit simpler-looking, just the juice will do (or a tablespoon of passionfruit curd) Stir and then, using a knife, spread the icing on to the cake.
- Crumble the granola over the top for a yummy crunch.
Passion Fruit And Pistachio Cake: Afternoon Tea Recipe:
*Recipe and photograph by Lizi’s Granola* *No Payment was received* So what do you think about this cake recipe? Do you also fancy trying a slice?
You Might Like:
- Squidgy Carrot And Courgette Cake. Firstly, would you like to know how to use vegetables in cakes? Fancy making a Squidgy Carrot And Courgette Cake? Moist and delicious – this easy-to-make organic carrot and courgette cake will be a hit with your family and friends! This is probably one of my all time favourite carrot; Squidgy Carrot And Courgette Cake.
- Flourless California Walnut Cake With Poached Pears. Secondly, hello friends, do you fancy making a Flourless California Walnut Cake With Poached Pears? At the minute with the Coronavirus, flour has been very hard to get your hands on. No need to stop making cake, make a flourless one!! Serving: 8 people How To Make A Flourless; Flourless California Walnut Cake With Poached Pears.
- Carrot Cake with Watercress & Cream Cheese Frosting (vegan and gluten free). Last but not least, the classic smooth cream cheese filling of carrot cake is given a kick with the addition of watercress. It complements the sweetness of the carrot cake and nutty texture of the nuts. It could be one for the Mad Hatter but don’t tell; Carrot Cake with Watercress & Cream Cheese Frosting.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Finally, lovelies; I also hope you like this post? If so, why not follow along so you never miss a post? So remember you can also share your thoughts here too in the comments below.