Pecan And Caramel Cake: Father’s Day Treat. Hello friends, so how are you today?
Pecan and Caramel Cake. How yummy!!
So are you looking for a Fathers Day dessert? Cake anyone?
How To Make A Pecan And Caramel Cake:
Also, a nice cake to make for Father’s Day, maybe?
Preparation time: 45 minutes plus cooling and setting | Cooking time: 20-22 minutes
175g (6 oz) Plain flour
1 sachet (7g) Dr. Oetker Bicarbonate of Soda
200g (7oz) Soft dark brown sugar, free of lumps
75g (3oz) Pecan nuts, ground
200ml (7fl.oz) Buttermilk
115g (4oz) Lightly salted butter, melted
2 Medium eggs, beaten
2 sachets (100g) Dr. Oetker Caramel Flavour Drizzle
65g (2 ½ oz) Granulated sugar
40g (1 ½ oz) Pecan halves
75g (3oz) Soft dark brown sugar
150g (5oz) Lightly salted butter, softened
325g (11oz) Icing sugar
5ml (1 tsp) Dr. Oetker Caramel Flavour
How To Make A Pecan And Caramel Cake:
1. Firstly, preheat the oven to 180˚C (160˚C Fan oven, 350˚F, gas 4). Grease and line 3 x 18cm (7 inch) Victoria sandwich tins.
2. Mix the flour, Bicarbonate of Soda, dark brown sugar and ground pecan nuts together in a bowl. Make a well in the centre.
3. In a jug, mix the buttermilk, melted butter, eggs and Caramel Flavour together and pour into the centre of the dry ingredients. Mix well to make a thick batter.
4. Divide between the tins and spread over the tops evenly. Bake in the oven for 20-22 minutes until golden and just firm to the touch. Cool for 5 minutes before turning out on to a wire rack. Lightly skewer the tops of each cake several times and gently pour over the sachets of Cake Drizzle – try not to skewer all the way through the cakes otherwise the Drizzle may seep out.
5. To decorate, line a small baking tray with baking parchment and sprinkle the pecan halves over the top, spaced a little apart. Put the sugar in a saucepan and add 15ml (1tbsp) cold water. Heat gently, stirring, until dissolved, then raise the heat, and cook without stirring for about 3 minutes until richly golden. Immediately pour the caramelised sugar over the pecan halves to coat them and leave to set.
6. Meanwhile, put the dark brown sugar in a small saucepan and add 45ml (3 tbsp) cold water. Heat gently, stirring, until the sugar is dissolved. Stop stirring and raise the heat. Bring to the boil and boil for 10 seconds. Remove from the heat and leave to cool completely.
7. Put the butter in a bowl and beat until smooth and glossy. Gradually sift and beat in the icing sugar to make a stiff icing. Mix in the cold sugar syrup and Caramel Flavour and beat until smooth and creamy.
7. Using one third of the frosting, spread over 2 of the cakes and sandwich all three cakes together. Press down gently and transfer to a serving plate.
8. Using a palette knife, thickly spread the remaining frosting over the sides and top of the cake. Break up the caramelised pecans and sprinkle over the cake. Your cake is now ready to serve and enjoy!
Hints And Tips: Also, other nuts to try in this recipe would be toasted almonds, Brazil Nuts or Walnuts.
Pecan And Caramel Cake: Father’s Day Treat:
Recipe and photo courtesy of Dr. Oetker
So what do you think? Do you also fancy making one of these pecan and caramel cakes? For more cake inspiration click here: All About The Cake.
Also Some More Cake Ideas:
Firstly, Carrot Cake with Watercress & Cream Cheese Frosting (vegan and gluten free). The classic smooth cream cheese filling of carrot cake is given a kick with the addition of watercress. So it complements the sweetness of the carrot cake and nutty texture of the nuts. It could be one for the Mad Hatter but don’t tell your mother that! Carrot Cake with Watercress & Cream Cheese Frosting. So yummy.
Secondly, Flourless California Walnut Cake With Poached Pears. So do you fancy making a Flourless California Walnut Cake With Poached Pears, today? At the minute with the Coronavirus, flour has been very hard to get your hands on. Of course, no need to stop making a cake, make a flourless one!! Flourless California Walnut Cake With Poached Pears. So cool.
Thirdly, Martha Collison’s Heart-Shaped Churros With Hot Chocolate Dip. Hello friends, so how are you today? So do you how to make churros UK recipe? Great for afternoon tea, or summer in the garden. If so, fancy making these Martha Collison’s Heart-Shaped Churros With Hot Chocolate Dip? So yummy!?Great for Valentine’s Day. What is not to love about this recipe? Martha Collison’s Heart-Shaped Churros With Hot Chocolate Dip. So tasty.
Fourthly, A Classic Red Velvet Cake Recipe:
So this Fine Saturday, I am sharing a Valentine’s Day Treat. A Classic Red Velvet Cake Recipe: Valentine’s Day treat. So velvety.
Fifth, Martha’s Vegan Chocolate Cake By Martha Collison. Fancy making a vegan chocolate cake? Martha’s Vegan Chocolate Cake By Martha Collison. So moreish.
Sixth, BerryWorld Blueberry and Apple Crumble Cake Served with BerryWorld Blueberry, Lemon and Yoghurt Topping. Bonfire night celebrations are the perfect excuse to enjoy some beautiful autumnal food and today I am sharing a yummy recipe to share with your friends and family. BerryWorld blueberry and apple crumble cake – Grab a slice of this cake to take to the display, a perfect treat to enjoy whilst warming up by the bonfire. BerryWorld Blueberry And Apple Crumble Cake. So traditional.
Seventh, Squidgy Carrot And Courgette Cake. So would you like to know how to use vegetables in cakes? Fancy making a Squidgy Carrot And Courgette Cake? Moist and delicious – this easy-to-make organic carrot and courgette cake will be a hit with your family and friends! Squidgy Carrot And Courgette Cake. So much fun.
Eighth, Quick And Easy To Make Vegan Frosted Lemon Cake:
Hello friends. If you’re wondering how to make a vegan cake, we have the perfect recipe. Ready in under an hour, this moist, fluffy vegan frosted lemon cake recipe makes a great vegan treat, particularly good with a cup of tea. Quick And Easy To Make Vegan Frosted Lemon Cake. So tasty.
Ninth, 11 Coffee Recipes For International Coffee Day. Do you like a morning cup of coffee? Enjoy a slice of coffee cake for your elevenses? Have a coffee latte after lunch? Maybe enjoy a nice piece of tiramisu for an after dinner treat? Or even a coffee bourbon at night-time to keep you warm now the nights are getting colder? 11 Coffee Recipes For International Coffee Day. So many choices.
Last but not least, White Chocolate Gateau: White Chocolate Day. Hello, lovelies. So how are you today? (Updated post. First published here 17th July 2016). Hello friends, happy white chocolate day. So do you love white chocolate? Because I do! ( But then again, I love all cake and chocolate!). White Chocolate Gateau anyone? White Chocolate Gateau: White Chocolate Day.