Persimon, Lime And Coconut Star Cake.
Fancy making one of these Persimon, Lime & Coconut Star Cake?
This delicious 2-layer sponge cake is flavoured with pureed persimons, desiccated coconut and lime zest then filled and topped with lime and persimon buttercream. Tuck in for a slice of tea-time heaven!
Preparation time: 30 minutes, plus cooling time
Cooking time: 20-22 minutes
How To Make A Persimon, Lime & Coconut Star Cake:
Persimon, Lime And Coconut Star Cake Method:
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan oven 160°C/Gas Mark 4. Grease and line 2 x 20cm (8 inch) sandwich tins.
2. Remove and discard the leafy tops from the Spanish persimons, then chop the fruit. Cook in a little water until tender, then puree in a blender (or use a hand-held stick blender). Cool.
3. Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, using a hand-held electric mixer. Beat in the eggs a little at a time. Stir in the vanilla extract, lime zest and 4tbsp of the cooled persimon puree. Fold in the flour, salt and desiccated coconut, using a large metal spoon.
4. Share the mixture between the tins and level the tops. Bake for 20-22 minutes, until risen and golden. Cool for 10 minutes in the tins, then turn out and cool completely on a wire rack.
5. For the buttercream, beat together the butter and icing sugar with 2tbsp persimon puree and the lime zest until light and creamy. Use half to sandwich the two cakes together, then spread the rest over the top of the cake. Decorate with shredded coconut and lime zest.
6. To serve, slice the round cake into 8 equal wedges, then turn these wedges around on the serving plate to form a star shape.
Cook’s Tip: You could use lemon zest instead of lime if you prefer.
Recipe c/o Spanish Persimon.
What do you think of this Persimon, Lime And Coconut Star Cake?
Fancy making one?
You Might Also Like:
Some More Posts That Might Be Of Interest:
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.