My son’s girlfriend brought me and lovely parcel of home grown plums last week.
How lovely 🙂 They were so juicy and tasty.
I wonder what to make with them. Something healthy for breakfast? Something different for lunch or a nice treat? Guess what won? Me and my sweet tooth.
First I thought of plum jam but then I remembered how much my husband love crumble.
We all love eating crumble and custard!! A yummy treat all around.
How to make plum crumble:
What you need:
For the fruit filling:
- 600g Ripe plums, stones were taken out and quartered
- A knob of butter
- 100ml Orange juice ( I used concentrated)
- 2 Table spoons caster sugar
- Half a teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon flour
- 150g Self raising flour
- 40g caster sugar
- 80g Margarine
- Half teaspoon cinnamon
- 25g Porridge oats
Also need: 4 x 250ml dishes
- Pre heat the oven to 180c fan gas mark 4.
- Pop the butter, orange juice, sugar flour and cinnamon into a pan. Gently heat and stir. Add the plums and cook on a medium heat for around 10 minutes.
- Spoon the mixture into 4 x 250ml oven proof dishes.
- Make the crumble: Put the flour, cinnamon and porridge oats into a bowl. Mix well.
- Add the margarine and rub in with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs add the sugar and mix all together.
- Sprinkle this crumble mixture evenly over the fruit and bake for 30-35 minutes until cooked and golden.
Serve with warm custard or cold cream. They tasted great and not a crumb was left.
Do you grow your own plums or any other kind of fruit? We don’t but I wish we did.
Or do you grow your own vegetables?
What would you make with a bag of plums?
Fancy making this plum crumble?