Recipe and image courtesy of Waitrose & Partners.
Fancy making a Potato Layered Minty Lamb Hotpot?
Did you know it is #LoveLambWeek this week?
Today I am sharing a nice and warming Autumn recipe with you.
How To Make A Potato Layered Minty Lamb Hotpot:
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 2 hours
- Total time: 2 hours 20 minutes
- 1kg red skinned King Edward potatoes
- 2 onions, finely sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 1cm rounds
- 500g lamb neck fillet, cut into 1.5cm slices
- 4 tsp mint sauce
- 4 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 350ml lamb stock
1. Slice the potatoes with the skins on as thinly as you can, either with a sharp knife, on a mandolin, or with the slicing attachment of a food processor.
2. Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. Start by sprinkling a quarter of the onions over the bottom of an ovenproof casserole dish with a tight-fitting lid. Top this with a quarter of the carrots and a quarter of the lamb.
3. Drizzle over a teaspoon of the mint sauce, a tablespoon of the chopped fresh thyme and some seasoning. Top all this with a layer of overlapping sliced potatoes. Repeat the layers another three times until all the ingredients have been used, ending with a potato layer on the top. Pour over the stock. Cover tightly with the lid and place in the middle of the oven and bake for 1½ hours.
4. Remove the lid and bake for a further 30 minutes until the top is golden and crusty and the potatoes and lamb are very tender. Leave to stand for about 15 minutes before serving.
What do you think of this Potato Layered Minty Lamb Hotpot recipe?
Fancy trying it?
You Might Also Like:
Some More Posts That Might Be Of Interest:
- Winter Stew Of Celery, Chorizo And Cannellini Beans
- When Autumn Leaves Are Falling From The Tree
- Welcoming Autumn In With A Lighthouse Pink Raincoat
- Visit To The Pumpkin Farm And Some Recipes To Try
- Vegan Apple Slices With Peanut Butter, Celery
- Top Tips for Taking Advantage of Pumpkin Season
- Tarantula Eggs With Venom Dip: Halloween Recipe
- Sweet Potato Wedges With Worcester Dip
- Sticky Ginger Cinder Toffee Buns: Autumn Cupcakes
- Stained Glass Cookies: Sweet Christmas How To Baking