Recipe courtesy of Watercress.
Pumpkin Chili Con Carne with Mini Jacket Potatoes and Watercress Crème Fraîche.
A classic dish, ideal for sharing around the fire while watching the Guy burn and the fireworks explode overhead – even better, the pumpkin bowl cuts down on the washing up!
How To Make Pumpkin Chili Con Carne with Mini Jacket Potatoes and Watercress Crème Fraîche:
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
- 500g ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, de-seeded and diced
- 1 tin kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tin tomato juice
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 small pumpkin or butternut squash
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tbsp dark brown soft sugar
- 1 tsp yeast extract
- 1 tub crème fraîche
- 30g watercress, finely chopped.
- 700g baby potatoes
- Vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
Pumpkin Chili Con Carne With Mini Jacket Potatoes And Watercress Crème Fraîche Method:
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C. Peel and halve the pumpkin and scoop out the seeds. Dice half of the pumpkin into 1cm cubes and reserve. Chop the remaining pumpkin into large chunks, place in an oven tray, drizzle with oil and season. Roast in the oven for approximately 25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, place a large pot on a medium-high heat. Add half the oil and heat until beginning to smoke. Add the minced beef and fry until browned. Drain the beef onto some kitchen towel.
- Turn the heat down to medium. Add the beef back to the pan then add in the onion, diced pumpkin and pepper, cooking until onions are translucent. Stir in the tomato purée and cook for a further minute before adding the kidney beans, tomato juice and chopped tomatoes. Cover with a tight-fitting lid and simmer for one hour.
- Place the potatoes in an oven tray, drizzle with vegetable oil and season. Place in the oven and roast for 30-40 minutes, or until cooked through and crisp on the outside.
- Once the roasted pumpkin is cooked, remove from the oven and place into a blender. Add a ladleful of liquid from the chili and blend until smooth. Add to the simmering pot and stir through. Mix together the crème fraiche and watercress and add seasoning to taste.
- Divide the potatoes between four bowls. Add a ladleful of chilli and serve with a generous dollop of crème fraîche.
Pumpkin Chili Con Carne With Mini Jacket Potatoes And Watercress Crème Fraîche recipe c/o: Give yourself a hygge this Autumn and enjoy these delicious, heart-warming recipes. For these and other inspiring recipe ideas, visit Watercress. recipe photography credited: Lara Jane Thorpe.
What do you think of this Pumpkin Chili Con Carne with Mini Jacket Potatoes and Watercress Crème Fraîche recipe?
Fancy trying it?
YouMight Also Like:
- #XmasStartsWith Marisota Bloggers: Look At Us All
- 10 Spooktacular Halloween Themed Birthday Party Ideas
- 12 Halloween Recipe Ideas: Halloween Party Ideas
- 17 Tasty Pumpkin Recipes For You To Try This October
- 4 Pumpkin Inspired Dinner Date Recipes To Try Out
- 40 Scary Halloween Party Recipe Ideas To Try Out
- 5 Fun Halloween Ideas For Keeping The Children Busy
- 7 Easy Ginger Spiced Recipes To Try Out This Autumn
- 7 Hot Cross Bun Recipes To Make Today And Celebrate
- A Walk In Sherwood Forest: Fashion For Women Over 40