Pumpkin Pie: Perfect For An Autumnal Treat. Hello friends. Are you looking for a tasty treat to serve over the next few days?
Fancy making a Pumpkin Pie?
This sweet and tempting pie is perfect for an autumnal treat.
Preparation and Cooking Time: 1½ hours
Guest post by Rachel’s
How To Make A Pumpkin Pie:
- 320g ready to roll shortcrust pastry
- 425g canned pumpkin, we used Libby’s
- 140g caster sugar
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 25g butter, melted
- 100g Rachel’s Greek Style Low Fat Yogurt
- 200g Rachel’s Greek style Apple & Cinnamon Yogurt
- A sprinkle of ground cinnamon
Pumpkin Pie Method:
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Roll out the pastry on to a floured surface, and line a 22cm fluted loose bottom tart tin with the pastry. Once lined with pastry, place in the fridge for 10 minutes to relax (this will stop the pastry from shrinking).
- Remove the pastry case from the fridge and line with a sheet of parchment paper and baking beans. Bake the pastry for 15-20 minutes, then remove the paper and beans and cook for a further 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- In a bowl combine the pumpkin puree, caster sugar and spices, then beat in the eggs, melted butter and yogurt.
- Pour the mixture into the tart shell and cook for 35-40 minutes until the filling has just set and has a slight wobble.
- Leave to cool then remove the pie from the tin.
- To serve top with swirls of apple & cinnamon yogurt and a sprinkle of ground cinnamon. Serve chilled.
YouMight Also Like These Autumn Recipes:
17 Tasty Bonfire Night Recipes:
Remember, Remember, The Fifth Of November.