Recipe courtesy of Watercress.
Rare Roast Beef, Wasabi And Watercress Bagels: How To Make.
So carrying on my Mother’s Day Afternoon tea recipes, I am sharing Rare a Roast Beef, Wasabi And Watercress Bagels recipe.
For the carnivores try this modern twist on the original sandwich eaten by the Earl of Sandwich back in 1762.
Who is said to have first put some beef and watercress between two slices of bread so he could eat without interrupting his card game!
This more sophisticated version with bagels is a perfect teatime treat.
How To Make Rare Roast Beef, Wasabi And Watercress Bagels:
Makes 8 quarter-size bagels
Prep time: 10 minutes
You can buy wasabi mayonnaise online or alternatively mix 2 tsp of creamed horseradish with 3 tbsp of mayonnaise.
2 bagels, cut in half and lightly toasted
4 tbsp wasabi mayonnaise
200g rare roast beef (cooked to taste), thinly sliced
Good handful watercress
Rare Roast Beef, Wasabi And Watercress Bagels Method:
1.) Firstly, spread the toasted bagels wasabi mayo. Layer on the slices of beef before topping generously with watercress.
2.) Last but not least, to serve, cut each bagel into quarters and arrange on a serving plate.
This recipe was created by Keri Astill-Frew.
Keri splits her time between being a development chef for The Watercress Company and building her own vegetarian and vegan catering business, V Dorset.
Keri has worked in top restaurants across the UK including a Michelin star hotel in Lancashire and a variety of fine dining restaurants and gastro-pubs in Dorset and Sussex.
She is passionate about watercress, both as an ingredient and for its fantastic health benefits and is devoted to developing new and delicious ways for you to incorporate more of it into your diet.
Recipe Photography credits Lara Jane Thorpe.
Rare Roast Beef, Wasabi And Watercress Bagels
- 2 bagels, cut in half and lightly toasted
- 4 tbsp wasabi mayonnaise
- 200g rare roast beef (cooked to taste), thinly sliced
- Good handful watercress
- Spread the toasted bagels wasabi mayo. Layer on the slices of beef before topping generously with watercress.
- To serve, cut each bagel into quarters and arrange on a serving plate.
You Might Also Like:
Last but not least, Afternoon Tea Recipes: Spoil Your Mum On Mother’s Day.
- Green Floral Maxi Dress And A Visit To The Beach
- Zip Up Adidas Jacket, Skinny Jeans And Black Boots
- Spending Summer Days In Bakewell
- How To Style A Retro Rainbow Print D Buckle Belt
- Still Wearing My Teddy Coat From Winter: Fashion Over 40
- Spring Has Sprung But The Jumpers Are Back Out!!
- Gold Colour Cream Pearl Hair Clips: New In Today
- A Day Out In York: Way Back Wednesday Style Post
- Rose Gold Colour Crystal And Peach Flower Stud Earrings
- What If We Rewrite The Stars? 0ver 40 Fitness
- Getting My Summer Wardrobe Ready: Over 40 Style
- Ne’er Cast A Clout ‘Til May Be Out! Over 40 Style
- The Hardest Part Of Having A Dog Is Knowing
- Stacking Gold Colour Crystal Initial Bangle UK Buy
- How Do You Like Your Eggs? Hotel Chocolat Review
Thanks so much for stopping by. Also follow along to see more posts.