Rare Roast Beef, Wasabi And Watercress Bagels:
Carrying on my Mother’s Day Afternoon tea recipes, I am sharing Rare a Roast Beef, Wasabi And Watercress Bagels recipe.
For the carnivores try this modern twist on the original sandwich eaten by the Earl of Sandwich back in 1762 who is said to have first put some beef and watercress between two slices of bread so he could eat without interrupting his card game!
This more sophisticated version with bagels is a perfect teatime treat.
How To Make Rare Roast Beef, Wasabi And Watercress Bagels:
Makes 8 quarter-size bagels
Prep time: 10 minutes
You can buy wasabi mayonnaise online or alternatively mix 2 tsp of creamed horseradish with 3 tbsp of mayonnaise.
2 bagels, cut in half and lightly toasted
4 tbsp wasabi mayonnaise
200g rare roast beef (cooked to taste), thinly sliced
Good handful watercress
1.) Spread the toasted bagels wasabi mayo. Layer on the slices of beef before topping generously with watercress.
2.) To serve, cut each bagel into quarters and arrange on a serving plate.
This recipe was created by Keri Astill-Frew who splits her time between being a development chef for The Watercress Company and building her own vegetarian and vegan catering business, V Dorset. Keri has worked in top restaurants across the UK including a Michelin star hotel in Lancashire and a variety of fine dining restaurants and gastro-pubs in Dorset and Sussex. She is passionate about watercress, both as an ingredient and for its fantastic health benefits and is devoted to developing new and delicious ways for you to incorporate more of it into your diet. For more information and many more recipes please visit:
Recipe Photography credits Lara Jane Thorpe.
Rare Roast Beef, Wasabi And Watercress Bagels
- 2 bagels, cut in half and lightly toasted
- 4 tbsp wasabi mayonnaise
- 200g rare roast beef (cooked to taste), thinly sliced
- Good handful watercress
- Spread the toasted bagels wasabi mayo. Layer on the slices of beef before topping generously with watercress.
- To serve, cut each bagel into quarters and arrange on a serving plate.
You Might Also Like:
Some More Posts That Might Be Of Interest:
- How To Make Apple Of Your Eye Pie…
- BerryWorld Strawberry and Almond Macarons: How To
- 12 Recipes For Veganuary: Recipe Inspiration To Try
- Quick And Easy To Make Vegan Frosted Lemon Cake
- How To Make Spiced Carrot And Ginger Soup
- Tiger Prawn, Avocado And Harissa Mayo Tacos
- Marshmallow Crispy Cupcakes: Great For Parties
- Turkey and Mozzarella Christmas Sandwich Loaf
- Baked Eggnog Cheesecake, Ginger And Maple Crust
- Goat’s Cheese Brushetta: Great For Christmas Starters
- What To Make On Chocolate Covered Anything Day?
- 10 Drinks Ideas To Try Out This Christmas 2020
- Rudolph’s Cranberry Mocktail: How Amazing!?
- Walnut And Cranberry Pie: Christmas Cracked!!
- Parfait Day: Layer Up Your Fruit, Cream And Nuts