Fancy trying this Raspberry Lemon Drizzle Cake?
Any cake with the words drizzle in it gets my attention straight away. This cake is topped with icing and lemon juice with yummy raspberries.
- Pyrex 20cm Classic Metal Cake Pan
Raspberry Lemon Drizzle Cake:
- 200g unsalted butter at room temperature
- 400g sugar
- 4 large eggs
- Zest and juice of 6 lemons
- 375g plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1tsp salt
- 180ml buttermilk
- 1tsp vanilla extract
For The Filling:
- 100g raspberry jam
- 200g lemon curd
For The Topping:
- 200g icing sugar, sifted
- 60ml lemon juice
- Fresh raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4 and grease and line two Pyrex Classic Metal Cake Pans.
- Beat the butter and sugar for three minutes until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, and the lemon zest.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt in a small bowl.
- Stir the buttermilk, vanilla and lemon juice in a separate bowl.
- Beat the flour and buttermilk mixtures alternately into the batter. Divide the batter evenly between the pans and bake for 35-45 minutes until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Remove from the tins and leave to cool completely.
- Spread the raspberry jam over one of the cakes. Top with the lemon curd, spreading it into an even layer.
- Whisk the icing sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Add the other cake on top and drizzle over the icing sugar glaze. Decorate with fresh raspberries.
*Recipe and photograph by Pyrex. No Payment was received*
What do you think? Fancy making this raspberry lemon drizzle cake recipe up?
Maybe a nice weekend treat?
Let us know here if you get to try it.
Try today or Pin for tomorrow.