Recipe and image courtesy of Dr Oetker.
Rhubarb And Raspberry Rainbow Meringue. Hello friends. So how are you today?
Do you fancy making a showstopping Rhubarb And Raspberry Rainbow Meringue? Layers of meringue, smooth whipped cream and a sharp taste of raspberry come together to make this elegant pastel dessert.
How delicious!? Great for afternoon tea.
How To Make A Rhubarb and Raspberry Rainbow Meringue:
Rhubarb And Raspberry Rainbow Meringue. Indulge in the vibrant delight of this Rhubarb and Raspberry Rainbow Meringue – a burst of fruity flavours in every bite. Perfect for a colorful afternoon tea experience that will sweeten your day.
Table Of Contents:
- Firstly, Rhubarb And Raspberry Rainbow Meringue Ingredients.
- Secondly, Rhubarb And Raspberry Rainbow Meringue Method.
- Thirdly, Other Recipe Ideas.
Prep time: 25 minutes plus cooling | Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 4 sachets of Dr. Oetker Free Range Egg White Powder
- 250g (plus 50g) caster sugar
- A few drops of Dr. Oetker Food Colour Gel Blue
- A few drops of Dr. Oetker Food Colour Gel Pink
- A few drops of Dr. Oetker Food Colour Gel Violet
- A few drops of Dr. Oetker Food Colour Gel Orange
- 400g rhubarb, trimmed and cut into 3cm lengths
- 200g raspberries
- 330ml whipping cream
Rhubarb And Raspberry Rainbow Meringue Method:
How To Make:
- Put the egg white powder in a bowl, mix with 8tsp of warm water until smooth, gradually mix in 8tsp of warm water until combined.
- Heat the oven to 140C, 120C fan, gas 2. Line 2 large baking sheets with baking parchment and draw 4 x 17cm circles on each of them to use as templates.
- Whisk the eggs on a low speed at first, turning up the speed gradually to medium, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Add 250g of the sugar 1tbsp at a time mixing well after each addition.
- Divide the meringue between 4 bowls and very gently fold into each, a few drops from one of the food colouring gels.
- Using a spatula, spread each mixture into a template on the baking sheets. Bake for 45 mins then leave to cool in the oven.
- In a wide saucepan heat the remaining sugar and 2tbsp of water until melted and, add the rhubarb and turn up the heat slightly.
- Poach for 6 mins of until tender.
- Using a slotted spoon transfer the tender rhubarb to a plate and the juices to a small saucepan, bubble for a few mins or until syrupy.
- Once cooled mix with the rhubarb and raspberries.
- Whip the cream until softly peaking. Put one of the meringues on a serving dish spread with some of the cream, then drizzle over some of the rhubarb and raspberry mixture and juices, repeat with the remaining layers leaving the top plain.
How To Make A Rhubarb And Raspberry Rainbow Meringue: Recipe and image courtesy of Dr Oetker.
So what do you think of this Rhubarb and Raspberry Rainbow Meringue recipe? Do you fancy trying it?
You might also like:
Heritage Breeds Cranberry Meringue Roulade:
Firstly, Heritage Breeds Cranberry Meringue Roulade. This dessert is perfect for those of us that want something delicious but also something that is quick and simple to prepare.
If you’ve never made a meringue roulade before don’t fret, they are fairly forgiving and as they are prone to the occasional crack, embrace them and forget about perfection, rustic is the name of the game with this recipe. Heritage Breeds Cranberry Meringue Roulade.
Secondly, Bonne Maman Marbled Fruity Meringues. Fancy making some Bonne Maman Marbled Fruity Meringues? An irresistible take on a summer favourite – delectable meringues served with whipped cream and fresh summer fruits. Bonne Maman Marbled Fruity Meringues.
Thirdly, Raspberry Meringue Cake. Are you looking for a delicious cake recipe? Something for a weekend treat, dinner party or special occasion? Fancy making this show-stopping Raspberry meringue cake. Raspberry Meringue Cake.
Speedy Strawberry Yogurt And Meringue Mess:
Fourthly, Speedy Strawberry Yogurt And Meringue Mess. Happy Mother’s Day. Speedy Strawberry Yogurt And Meringue Mess anyone? How yummy? Treat your mum to this yummy pudding on Mother’s Day – it takes just 10 minutes to prepare! This easy treat is full of yummy things. Strawberries, yogurt and meringue shells crunched up. What’s not to love about this recipe? Speedy Strawberry Yogurt And Meringue Mess.
Fifth, BerryWorld Hazelnut Meringue Layer Cake With Strawberries And Raspberries. This is as a celebration cake for special occasions. The layers of meringue with the fruit in between look very pretty. It’s super easy to make ahead and assemble last minute. BerryWorld Hazelnut Meringue Layer Cake.
Sixth, BerryWorld Cranberry Meringue Roulade With Cointreau Orange Cream. Also a perfect winter party dessert, this cranberry roulade looks fabulous, festive and fun. Fresh and light, the tartness of the cranberries compliments the sweetness of the meringue beautifully. Plus it’s quick to make and can be frozen, making easy entertaining simple. Of course, so yummy too. BerryWorld Cranberry Meringue Roulade with Cointreau Orange Cream.
Seventh, BerryWorld Fruity Meringues: Afternoon Tea. These classic meringues are topped with cool whipped cream and your choice of berries, they also make a delicious pudding or afternoon treat. Fruity Meringues. So good.
Rhubarb And Raspberry Rainbow Meringue:
Rhubarb And Raspberry Rainbow Meringue. Hit the home page to find my latest posts. I also hope you liked this post. Also, follow Along On Facebook And Instagram for more food posts.
Thank you so much for stopping by. I also hope you liked this post. Claire Justine Oxox- Over 50s Lifestyle Blog. You can also read more about me here: Over 50s Lifestyle Blog.