Recipe and image courtesy of Dr Oetker.
Rhubarb And Raspberry Rainbow Meringue. Hellofriends. How are you today?
Do you fancy making a showstopping Rhubarb And Raspberry Rainbow Meringue? Layers of meringue, smooth whipped cream and a sharp taste of raspberry come together to make this elegant pastel dessert.
How To Make A Rhubarb and Raspberry Rainbow Meringue:
Prep time: 25 minutes plus cooling
Cooking time: 45 minutes
4 sachets of Dr. Oetker Free Range Egg White Powder
250g (plus 50g) caster sugar
A few drops of Dr. Oetker Food Colour Gel Blue
A few drops of Dr. Oetker Food Colour Gel Pink
A few drops of Dr. Oetker Food Colour Gel Violet
A few drops of Dr. Oetker Food Colour Gel Orange
400g rhubarb, trimmed and cut into 3cm lengths
330ml whipping cream
Rhubarb And Raspberry Rainbow Meringue Method:
1.) Put the egg white powder in a bowl, mix with 8tsp of warm water until smooth, gradually mix in 8tsp of warm water until combined.
2.) Heat the oven to 140C, 120C fan, gas 2. Line 2 large baking sheets with baking parchment and draw 4 x 17cm circles on each of them to use as templates.
3.) Whisk the eggs on a low speed at first, turning up the speed gradually to medium, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Add 250g of the sugar 1tbsp at a time mixing well after each addition.
4.) Divide the meringue between 4 bowls and very gently fold into each, a few drops from one of the food colouring gels.
5.) Using a spatula, spread each mixture into a template on the baking sheets. Bake for 45 mins then leave to cool in the oven.
6.) In a wide saucepan heat the remaining sugar and 2tbsp of water until melted and, add the rhubarb and turn up the heat slightly.
7.) Poach for 6 mins of until tender.
8.) Using a slotted spoon transfer the tender rhubarb to a plate and the juices to a small saucepan, bubble for a few mins or until syrupy.
9.) Once cooled mix with the rhubarb and raspberries.
10.) Whip the cream until softly peaking. Put one of the meringues on a serving dish spread with some of the cream, then drizzle over some of the rhubarb and raspberry mixture and juices, repeat with the remaining layers leaving the top plain.
How To Make A Rhubarb And Raspberry Rainbow Meringue: Recipe and image courtesy of Dr Oetker.
What do you think of this Rhubarb and Raspberry Rainbow Meringue recipe? Do you fancy trying it?
You might also like:
- Dark Red Jumper Dress To Match My Flowers
- Showtime Now bring On The Cabaret, My Friends
- Spooky Photoshoot In The Woods
- Happy Balloons Around The World Day
- Bake Halloween Cookies: 31 Days Of October
- Autumn Layering Fashion Ideas: 31 Days Of
- Bake An Apple Pie: 31 Days Of October
- Red And Black Polka Dot Shirt From The Charity Shop
- Last Days Of The Warm Sunshine And Summer Dresses
- Flowered Jumpsuit And Polka Dot Trainer
- Selfie Saturday With The Owl Trail In Nottingham
- Can Not Resist A Bargain & My Biggest Bargain Ever
- Pink Animal Print Dress & A Black Polo Neck Jumper
- Two Heads Are Better Than One By Ryan Mosley
- A Walk In The Peak District: Winnats Pass