Recipe c/o The Watercress Company/Watercress recipe Photography by Lara Jane Thorpe.
Fancy making up a nice and tasty Roast Chicken and Wild Mushroom Watercress Salad with Pine Nuts and Raisins?
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
How To Make A Roast Chicken and Wild Mushroom Watercress Salad with Pine Nuts and Raisins:
- 4 chicken thighs, skin on and deboned
- 2 x 85g bags watercress
- 1 lemon, cut into quarters
- 100g mixed wild mushrooms
- 6 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 150g stale white bread, cut into squares for croutons
- 50g pine nuts
- 25g raisins
- 1 tbsp honey
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°C. Place the chicken in a large baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Add in the lemon quarters and garlic cloves and season well with salt and pepper. Put the tray into the pre-heated oven and cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, then remove the garlic cloves before adding in the bread, pine nuts and wild mushrooms. Stir everything together, ensuring that the bread is well coated in the roasting juices, then return to the oven for 10 more minutes.
- Meanwhile mix the honey with 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, then stir in the raisins and a pinch of salt. Remove the tray of chicken from the oven and leave to rest for a few minutes before slicing the chicken thighs into large chunks. Split the watercress between four bowls and toss through the mushrooms, croutons, lemon, pine nut and raisin mixture before topping with the sliced chicken. Serve and enjoy!
This recipe was created by development chef Keri Astill-Frew. Keri has worked in top restaurants across the UK including a Michelin star hotel in Lancashire and a variety of fine dining restaurants and gastro-pubs in Dorset and Sussex. She is passionate about watercress, both as an ingredient and for its fantastic health benefits and is devoted to developing new and delicious ways for you to incorporate more of it into your diet. For more information and many more recipes please visit The Watercress Company or Watercress.
Recipe Photography Credits: Lara Jane Thorpe
You might also like to try these Watercress Recipes:
- National Mango Day And 15 Recipes To Try
- 7 Ice lolly Recipe To Keep You Cool This Summer
- 5 Ways To Eat More Spinach: Fresh Spinach Day
- National Mac And Cheese Day
- 4 Recipes For National Mojito Day To Try
- 6 Recipes For National Blueberry Muffin Day
- 33 Cheesecake Recipes For Afternoon Tea
- 27th June 2022 Newsletter: Claire Justine
- How To Make Macarons
- 13 Tasty Scone Recipes For Afternoon Tea