Roast Turkey With Christmas Pudding And Cherry Stuffing.
Hello friends. Are you looking for some Christmas dinner inspiration?
Roast Turkey with Christmas Pudding And Cherry Stuffing anyone?
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 3 hours 22 minutes approx
Per serving: 656 kcals, 30.4g fat, 10.2g saturated fat
For The Stuffing:
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 small onions, peeled and finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
450g good quality sausage meat
4-6 tbsp dried breadcrumbs
1 medium egg
150g crumbled Christmas pudding
150g semi dried cherries
Salt and freshly ground pepper
For The Turkey:
5.6kg British turkey, thawed if frozen, giblets removed
1.) Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the onions and garlic and cook for a few minutes until soft and translucent.
2.) Add the sausage meat and stir well just breaking down the sausage meat but do not actually cook it through.
3.) Cool slightly and add just enough breadcrumbs to stiffen up the mixture, but remember that they will continue to thicken as they reconstitute themselves so take care not to add too many.
4.) Stir in the whole egg and beat the whole mixture well.
5.) Finally add the Christmas pudding and cherries and some salt and pepper.
6.) Preheat the oven to 190°C/Gas mark 5.
7.) Push some of the stuffing into the neck end of the bird packing it right up to the breast meat.
8.) Secure the neck skin with cocktail sticks.
9.) Roll the remaining stuffing into balls [these can be cooked separately for 30 minutes]
10.) Weigh the turkey and calculate the cooking time at 20 minutes per kg + 90 minutes at the end.
11.) Cover with foil and roast.
12.) Remove the foil and baste with the juice, a little oil is also good here and roast uncovered for the last hour of cooking time.
13.) Check to see if the turkey is cooked by pushing a metal skewer into the thickest part of the leg – if the juices run clear the turkey is cooked.
14.) If the juices are slightly pink pop back into the oven for a further 15 minutes before checking again.
15.) Cover with foil and allow to rest for 20-30 minutes before carving.
Roast Turkey with Christmas Pudding And Cherry Stuffing.
Recipe and photo credit by- British Turkey.
- 5 Christmas Log Ideas To Try Out
- Red And Black Outfit Idea For Every Occasion
- Fashionable Moments At SUMMIT One
- 10 Drinks Ideas To Try Out This Christmas
- Polka Dot Jumper And Metallic Pleated Skirt
- 27 Elf Movie Quotes To Brighten Your Day
- Nothing To See Here Just Me Double Dotting
- 25 Polka Dot Quotes To Add A Splash Of Joy
- The Polka Dot Lady Chronicles Begins
- 6 Trifle Recipes To Try: Modern Trifle Recipes
- 4 Christmas Biscuit Recipes For You To Try Out
- 5 Christmas Cupcake Recipes For Your Party
- 11 Mince Pie Filling, Mince Pies How To Make
- 10 Home Made Gift Ideas To Make For Someone
- 10 Tasty Homemade Bread Ideas To Bake