Recipe c/o The Watercress Company/Watercress recipe Photography by Lara Jane Thorpe.
Happy Thursday. Fancy trying out this Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower with Puy Lentils, Halloumi and Watercress recipe?
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
How To Make Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower with Puy Lentils, Halloumi and Watercress:
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 tsp Moroccan spice mix
- 2 x 85g bags watercress
- 2 packs halloumi
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- 1 pouch cooked puy lentils
- 1 lemon
- 100g walnuts
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 bunch chopped parsley
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Cut the broccoli and cauliflower into chunky florets and discard the leaves and any woody stalks. Place into a large roasting tray, then sprinkle with the Moroccan spice mix, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Place into the oven and roast for 15 minutes, or until the veg is slightly charred around the edges.
- Cut the halloumi into thick slices, then place a frying pan over a medium-high heat and add in a drizzle of olive oil. Once the pan is hot, fry the halloumi for a minute or two on either side, cooking in batches if necessary. Set aside the cooked halloumi on a plate covered with foil to keep warm until you are ready to serve. In the same pan, throw in the walnuts and toasted for a few minutes. Pour in the honey and cook together with the nuts until caramelised. Be careful not to burn the honey!
- Halve the cherry tomatoes. Remove the broccoli and cauliflower from the oven and squeeze over the juice of a whole lemon, using your hand to catch any pips. Get a large bowl and toss together the watercress, tomatoes, parsley, lentils and roasted veg before piling onto a large serving platter or onto individual plates. Arrange the fried halloumi on top, then dot over the caramelised walnuts and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle over some salt and black pepper and serve!
You might also like:
Theis recipe were created by development chef Keri Astill-Frew. Keri has worked in top restaurants across the UK including a Michelin star hotel in Lancashire and a variety of fine dining restaurants and gastro-pubs in Dorset and Sussex. She is passionate about watercress, both as an ingredient and for its fantastic health benefits and is devoted to developing new and delicious ways for you to incorporate more of it into your diet. For more information and many more recipes please visit The Watercress Company or Watercress.
Recipe Photography Credits: Lara Jane Thorpe
- 7 Energy Ball Recipes For After Your Gym Workouts
- 10 Smoothie Bowl Recipes To Try Out This Week!!
- Watercress, Avocado And Lime Smoothie How To Make
- Watercress And Avocado Salad With Bacon And Apple
- Sweet Potato Topped with Ricotta, Celery And Radish
- Pickled Apples: Great For Health Benefits: How To
- 15 Healthy Lunch Ideas To Try Out This Week
- California Walnut And Lemon Parsley Spaghetti
- Super Green Pumpkin Pesto: Gluten & Dairy Free, Vegan
- Toasted California Walnut, Lentil And Coconut Rice