Are you looking for nice and healthier recipes?
Something to give you a boost of energy and vitamin?
Are you looking for a nice and healthy breakfast, lunch or treat recipe?
Something fruity full of vitamins?
How about making this yummy Ruby Fruit Refresher.
Full of yummy strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, mint and covered in a lime, honey and natural yogurt sauce.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
How to make a ruby fruit refresher:
- 225 g (8 oz) strawberries
- 175 g (6 oz) raspberries
- 225 g (8 oz) blueberries
- Grated rind and juice of 1 lime
- 4 teaspoons runny honey
- 250 g (9 oz) natural yogurt
- Small bunch of fresh mint
- Slice or quarter the strawberries depending on their size then put them into a serving bowl with the other berries.
- Add the lime rind and juice and 2 teaspoons of the honey then gently mix together with a spoon.
- Put the yogurt into a smaller bowl then stir in the rest of the honey.
- Snip some of the mint into pieces with scissors to give about 3 tablespoons, add to the yogurt and mix together.
- Sprinkle the berries with a few tiny mint leaves and serve topped with spoonfuls of the minted yogurt.
- For a refreshing smoothie, put the berries into a liquidiser goblet with the yogurt, honey and mint, blitz until smooth then adjust the consistency with apple juice to taste.
What do you think of this ruby fruit refresher recipe?
Fancy making one up soon?
You can also mix and match this recipe with seasonal berries or frozen berries that have been defrosted too if you can not buy them yet.
What would your favourite berries be? I think mine are all these three!!
About this post –
Recipe and photo credit by Seasonal Berries