Russian Chuk Chuk: Guest Post From Sheraton Maldive Full Moon Resort and Spa.
Hello friends. Planning any baking for the weekend? Fancy making some Russian Chuk Chuk? These are not something I have heard of before but they look yummy.
2 tablespoons Sugar
100g Icing Sugar
2 teaspoons Butter
1/3 teaspoon Salt
500g Plain Flour
Vegetable Oil, for frying
For The Syrup:
1 ½ cups Honey and 4 teaspoons Sugar
Fruit to decorate
Russian Chuk Chuk: Guest Post From Sheraton Maldives:
1.) Blend eggs, sugar and butter.
2.) Add salt, milk and flour and knead until the mixture forms a smooth dough.
3.) Leave the dough to rest for 40 minutes, and then roll out finely and cut strips 2cm in length.
4.) Place the honey and sugar in a saucepan over a moderate heat and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
5.) Continue to cook until the mixture thickens and turns an amber caramel colour.
6.) Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the strips for about 5 minutes, until golden.
7.) Drain on kitchen paper.
8.) Dip the strips into the syrup and arrange on a serving plate.
About this post-
Recipe and photo credit by- Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort and Spa
Have you made anything like this before?
Share your thoughts in the comments below.
Some More Posts That Might Be Of Interest:
Latest From The Blog:
- A View From Sky Gardens Also The Effects From Stress
- Peanuts Snoopy Pink Sweatshirt And How I Styled
- Vintage Steampunk Hat Reminds Me Of Alice
- All We Hear Is Radio Ga Ga Radio Goo Goo Radio Ga Ga
- Snow Way!! What I Wore In The Snow: Over 40 Style
- Street Art Saturday: How To Fake It Till You Make It!!
- 9 Tips For A Perfect Valentines Day Meal
- 5 Fun Dog Quotes To Start Your Weekend
- Never Rains But It Pours… Over 40 Style Blogger
- Hot Pink Dress Teamed Up With Miss Piggy Shoes
- Don’t Look Back In Anger I Hear You Say
- Rest In Peace Dad, We Love You So Much…
- Isle of Wight Tomato Shakshuka: Supper Sorted
- Chocolate Fondue That You Will Want To Share
- All Dressed Up With Nowhere To Go