Russian Chuk Chuk: Guest Post From Sheraton Maldive Full Moon Resort and Spa.
Hello friends. Planning any baking for the weekend? Fancy making some Russian Chuk Chuk? These are not something I have heard of before but they look yummy.
2 tablespoons Sugar
100g Icing Sugar
2 teaspoons Butter
1/3 teaspoon Salt
500g Plain Flour
Vegetable Oil, for frying
For The Syrup:
1 ½ cups Honey and 4 teaspoons Sugar
Fruit to decorate
Russian Chuk Chuk: Guest Post From Sheraton Maldives:
1.) Blend eggs, sugar and butter.
2.) Add salt, milk and flour and knead until the mixture forms a smooth dough.
3.) Leave the dough to rest for 40 minutes, and then roll out finely and cut strips 2cm in length.
4.) Place the honey and sugar in a saucepan over a moderate heat and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
5.) Continue to cook until the mixture thickens and turns an amber caramel colour.
6.) Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the strips for about 5 minutes, until golden.
7.) Drain on kitchen paper.
8.) Dip the strips into the syrup and arrange on a serving plate.
About this post-
Recipe and photo credit by- Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort and Spa
Have you made anything like this before?
Share your thoughts in the comments below.
Some More Posts That Might Be Of Interest:
Latest From The Blog:
- Isle of Wight Tomato Shakshuka: Supper Sorted
- Chocolate Fondue That You Will Want To Share
- All Dressed Up With Nowhere To Go
- How To Make Apple Of Your Eye Pie…
- 20 Valentine Recipes To Try Out This Valentine’s Day
- The Photo Shoot With My Daughter: Black And White
- Pink Saturday And A Reminder Of Better Thing’s
- Do You Want To Build A Snowman: What I Wore
- Bohemia’s Top Tips On The Best Valentine’s Day Desserts
- Flashback Friday: London Travels With Mini Me
- Quick And Easy Shoe Re-Style For Valentines Day
- BerryWorld Strawberry and Almond Macarons: How To
- 10 Smoothie Bowl Recipes To Try Out This Week!!
- 12 Recipes For Veganuary: Recipe Inspiration To Try
- Teddy Coat, Bootleg Jeans & Trying To Find The Sunshine