Russian Chuk Chuk: Guest Post From Sheraton Maldive Full Moon Resort and Spa.
Hello friends. Planning any baking for the weekend? Fancy making some Russian Chuk Chuk? These are not something I have heard of before but they look yummy.
2 tablespoons Sugar
100g Icing Sugar
2 teaspoons Butter
1/3 teaspoon Salt
500g Plain Flour
Vegetable Oil, for frying
For The Syrup:
1 ½ cups Honey and 4 teaspoons Sugar
Fruit to decorate
Russian Chuk Chuk: Guest Post From Sheraton Maldives:
1.) Blend eggs, sugar and butter.
2.) Add salt, milk and flour and knead until the mixture forms a smooth dough.
3.) Leave the dough to rest for 40 minutes, and then roll out finely and cut strips 2cm in length.
4.) Place the honey and sugar in a saucepan over a moderate heat and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
5.) Continue to cook until the mixture thickens and turns an amber caramel colour.
6.) Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the strips for about 5 minutes, until golden.
7.) Drain on kitchen paper.
8.) Dip the strips into the syrup and arrange on a serving plate.
About this post-
Recipe and photo credit by- Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort and Spa
Have you made anything like this before?
Share your thoughts in the comments below.
- 100 Life Size Elephants Spotted In London
- Bonmarché Printed Jersey Dress With Converse
- 4 Burgers Ideas For Your Summer BBQ Party
- A Battered Mars Bar And What I Really Thought
- 4 Coleslaw Recipes For Your Summer BBQ Party
- What I Wore Wednesday: This Week’s Link Up
- 5 Fun Drink Recipes To Try Out: Great For BBQ’S
- 1907 Link Up Your Favourite Posts This Week
- Snoobear: The Bears Of Sheffield & A Link Up
- 1207 Link Up Your Favourite Posts This Week
- 7 Recipe For Your Summer Picnics & Garden Party’s
- A Walk Up Mam Tor From Castleton In The Peak District
- Wonder Woman Was My Superhero: Who Was Yours?
- What I’m Wearing Wednesday: Wayback Wednesday Post
- 0507 Link Up Your Favourite Posts This Week