Scallops In The Shell And How You Can Make Some Too. Hello friends. So how are you today? With whisky being dubbed this year’s drink of the summer, celebrity chef Tom Kitchin has worked with Glen Grant to produce some great dishes that pair perfectly with Glen Grant’s latest launches. Firstly, I am sharing Scallops in the shell.
Scallops In The Shell And How You Can Make Some Too:
1 carrot, chopped
One leek, sliced
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
2 scallops per person
100g puff pastry
2 egg yolks
For The White Wine Sauce:
1 tablespoon olive oil
100g shallots, sliced
250ml Noilly Prat vermouth
*250ml fish stock
250ml whipping cream
Salt and pepper
½ tablespoon grain mustard
1 tablespoon chopped dill
Glen Grant 12 Year Old
Scallops In The Shell Method:
Preparing the white wine sauce:
- Firstly, peat a heavy-bottomed pan on top of the stove and add the oil. Sweat the shallots gently for 3-4 minutes. Add the Noilly Prat and the fish stock and continue to cook until the mixture is reduced and has a syrupy consistency. Add the cream, bring back to the boil and reduce again slightly. Season with salt and pepper, then pass through a strainer or sieve. Add the grain mustard and chopped dill
Preparing the scallops:
- Slip a thin sharp knife between the shells and cut through the large white muscle tab (the abductor muscle) to release one side of the shell. Pry open the shell and pull everything out. Using a spoon, neatly scoop out the meat. Separate the white meat from the outer skirt and roe (the skirt and roe can be kept for making sauces and they freeze well). Rinse the scallops and keep them in the fridge on a paper towel. Rinse the shells and pat them dry
Assembling The Dish:
- Sweat the carrot and leak in the oil over a low heat. Season and cook until they are soft but not browned. Allow to cool. Take 4 washed shells and divide the leeks and carrots between them. Cut the scallops in half through the middle, season and place 4 pieces on each shell. Cover with 3 tablespoons of white wine sauce and top with the other shells.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas 6. Roll out the puff pastry and cut into thin strips. Place a pastry strip around each scallop to seal the two shells together. Using your fingers, gently press the pastry in place to ensure that the seal is tight and there are no holes. Brush with egg yolk and cook in the hot oven for -10 minutes until the pastry is golden brown
- Remove the scallop shells from the oven and run a sharp knife all the way around the outer crust. Serve on a bed of seaweed or some rock salt mixed with a little water to stop the shells rocking about and let your guests open the shell themselves
- Pair with Glen Grant 12 Year Old. The creamy vanilla notes compliment the creamy character of the dish
Scallops In The Shell And How You Can Make Some Too *Recipe and recipe photography by Glen Grant 12 Year Old* *No Payment was received*
So what do you think about this recipe? Do you also fancy making it? Because I know I do.
You Might Also Like:
Firstly, Scallops with Asparagus Tips and Vanilla Hollandaise. So are you looking for any dinner ideas? Scallops with Asparagus Tips and Vanilla Hollandaise, anyone? Scallops with Asparagus Tips and Vanilla Hollandaise. So tasty.
Secondly, Sticky Toffee Pudding: Pair With Glen Grant 12 Year Old. Are you looking for a special recipe for the weekend or a dinner party? I love all yummy treats and pudding, especially ones you can add ice cream, cream or custard too. Today I have a delicious Sticky Toffee Pudding to share today!! Sticky Toffee Pudding: Pair With Glen Grant 12 Year Old. So yummy.
Thirdly, Braised Lamb Shanks With Creamy Mashed Potato And Lemon. Braised Lamb Shanks with creamy mashed potato and lemon. How Tasty? Braised Lamb Shanks With Creamy Mashed Potato And Lemon. So good.
Fourthly, Scallops Grilled With Hazelnut Butter, Watercress And Pea Shoots:
Are you also looking for Valentine’s Day dinner starter? How about making some of these Scallops Grilled With Hazelnut Butter, Watercress And Pea Shoots? So tasty. Scallops Grilled With Hazelnut Butter, Watercress And Pea Shoots. So tasty.
Fifth, Isle of Wight Tomato Lunchbox Tarts. With crisp pastry, sweet tomatoes and salty cheese these tarts are a great alternative to sandwiches. Easy to make and totally delicious these vegetarian tarts will be gone in a flash. How To Make Isle of Wight Tomato Lunchbox Tarts.
Sixth, Shallot Tarte Tatin With Goat’s Cheese, Roasted Cherry Tomatoes And Watercress Salsa Verde (v). Serves 2. The salsa verde for this dish uses chopped nori seaweed sheets in place of the traditional anchovies to add the same salty richness while still utilising vegetarian ingredients. Shallot Tarte Tatin With Goat’s Cheese, Roasted Cherry Tomatoes And Watercress Salsa Verde. So yummy.
Seventh, Gnocchi alla Trapanese:
Hello friends, I have a tasty recipe to share with you today. How yummy Gnocchi alla Trapanese does this look? Gnocchi alla Trapanese. So good.
Last But Not Least, Rack Of Lamb With Hasselback Potatoes, Winter Brassicas And Red Wine Sauce. Watercress has developed some mouth-watering recipes to help love birds everywhere this Valentine’s Day to get all a flutter over each other by combining peppery watercress with other aphrodisiacs. Over the next few days I will be sharing the recipes with you, starting with the Rack of lamb with Hasselback potatoes, winter brassicas and red wine sauce. Now all you have to do is dim the lights, turn on the music and let the evening take its course! Rack Of Lamb With Hasselback Potatoes, Winter Brassicas And Red Wine Sauce. So tasty.
Scallops In The Shell And How You Can Make Some Too:
Thank you so much for stopping by here today. Finally, lovelies; I also hope you like this post? If so, why not follow along so you never miss a post? So remember you can also share your thoughts here too in the comments below.