Seared Steak With Pancetta And Blackberry Vinegar.
Happy Saturday. Today I have a tasty salad recipe to share with you:
Seared steak with pancetta and blackberry vinegar.
Marinading bavette steak with blackberry vinegar adds a fab almost gamey taste and if you haven’t tried this cut before, you’ll be wowed by the price at around half that of sirloin or rib eye steak.
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 3-6 minutes
How To Make Seared Steak With Pancetta And Blackberry Vinegar:
- 2 x 250g (9oz) Bavette beef steaks 6 tablespoons blackberry vinegar, see recipe below salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons blackberry vinegar 2 tablespoons olive oil 1 teaspoon runny honey
- 1 green or red tipped chicory, leaves separated
- 100g (4oz) pack mixed red chard, lambs lettuce and pea shoots
- 100g (4oz) radishes, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 150g (5oz) blackberries
- 12 rashers sliced smoked pancetta
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
How To Make:
1. Add the steaks to a large shallow plastic box, china or glass dish then spoon over the blackberry vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Cover with a lid or clingfilm and chill overnight.
2. To make the dressing, add the blackberry vinegar, oil, honey and a little salt and pepper to a jam jar, screw on the lid and shake together well then decant to a small jug.
3. Add the chicory, salad leaves and sliced radishes to a large shallow salad dish and sprinkle over the blackberries.
4. Preheat a ridged frying pan if you have one, or an ordinary one if not. Add the pancetta and cook over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes turning the rashers once until the fat is golden. Lift out of the pan then reserve.
5. Drain the steaks and rub with the oil and season with salt and pepper. Fry over a high heat for 3-4 minutes, turning once for rare or 4-6 minutes for medium. Take out of the pan and leave to stand for 4-5 minutes then thinly sliced. Halve the pancetta slices then add the steak and pancetta to the salad. Drizzle over the dressing and serve immediately with warm ciabatta bread.
Roughly crush 225g (8oz) blackberries in a bowl with a vegetable masher. Transfer to a large jam jar and pour on a 350ml (12 fl oz) bottle Cabernet Sauvignon red wine vinegar. Mix well then screw the lid on tightly. Leave at room temperature for 2 days, shaking the jar once or twice a day then strain into a bottle and store in the fridge. Use within 3-4 weeks.
You might also like to add a splash of blackberry vinegar to the gravy for roast lamb, pork or roast pheasant.
If you can’t find bavette steak at your local supermarket check online for Waitrose or use sirloin steak instead and trim off the fat after cooking.
Seared Steak With Pancetta And Blackberry Vinegar Guest post courtesy of Seasonal Berries.
What do you think of this Seared Steak With Pancetta And Blackberry Vinegar recipe?
Please leave your thoughts in the comment box below ↡
You Might Also Like These Seasonal Berries Posts:
These are great for entertaining the children: Strawberries And Sandcastles: Fun For Summer.
How about a nice and tasty salad: Superfood Strawberry and Pine Nut Salad.
These Rainbow Chicken Roll Ups are a great idea to mix up lunch.
Easy Salmon Sandwiches. Perfect for afternoon tea.
How about trying a Strawberry And Summer Leaf Salad With Vanilla Salt?
Seafood Salad With Strawberries.
Superberry Kale And Roasted Garlic Bruschetta.
Some More Posts That Might Be Of Interest: