Seedy Quinoa And Cacao Slices By Deliciously Ella. Hello friends.
Fancy trying these Seedy Quinoa and Cacao Slices recipe out?
Specially created for Sevenhills Wholefoods by Deliciously Ella.
(Gluten + Dairy Free, Vegan).
These sticky fruit and nut bars are the perfect afternoon treat. Packed full of superfood goodness they’ll keep you going with natural energy.
How To Make Seedy Quinoa And Cacao Slices:
Makes: Around 16 small slices
Prep time – 25 minutes
Setting time – 40 minutes
What You Need:
For The Base:
8 Medjool dates
3 tbsp almond butter
2 tbsp tahini
3 tbsp Sevenhills Wholefoods organic extra virgin raw coconut oil 25g puffed quinoa 80g golden flax seeds
50g sesame seeds
60g Sevenhills Wholefoods organic goji berries
150g chopped dried apricots
For The Cacao Topping:
3 tbsp Sevenhills Wholefoods organic raw cacao powder
100g Sevenhills Wholefoods organic cacao butter
3 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp Sevenhills Wholefoods organic raw chia seeds
1 tbsp Sevenhills Wholefoods organic goji berries
What You Do:
1.) Pre-heat the oven to 180C and roast the hazelnuts for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven and leave to cool.
2.) Start by pitting the dates and adding them to the food processor with the almond butter, tahini and coconut oil. Blend for about 5 minutes, until smooth paste forms, then add the mixture to a large mixing bowl. Stir the quinoa puffs, flax seeds, sesame seeds, goji berries and apricots into the date paste and mix until completely combined.
3.) Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and press the mixture into the baking tray, making sure it is even and quite firmly packed. Place in the fridge to set while you make the cacao layer.
4.) For the cacao layer, simply place the cacao powder, cacao butter and maple syrup in a saucepan and heat really gently until the three have melted together, don’t let them come to the boil though.
5.) Remove the base layer from the fridge and pour the cacao over the top. Sprinkle with chia seeds and goji berries to decorate then return the tray to the fridge for another hour and a half to let the cacao layer set. Slice and enjoy!
Recipe and recipe photo by Sevenhills Wholefoods
No Payment was received
You Might Also Like:
- California Walnut And Lemon Parsley Spaghetti
- Super Green Pumpkin Pesto: Gluten & Dairy Free, Vegan
- Toasted California Walnut, Lentil And Coconut Rice
- Slow-roast Lamb With Garlic, Honey And Cumin
- 5 Important Tips For Anyone Living With Coeliac Disease
- Celery And Apple Matchstick Salad: Celery Salad Recipe
- Carrot Cake with Watercress & Cream Cheese Frosting
- Tropical Mango, California Walnut and Turmeric
- How To Make Gluten And Dairy Free Bread
- Vegan Apple Slices With Peanut Butter, Celery
- Celiac Awareness Day: #CeliacAwarenessDay
- British Summer Salad With Honey-Mustard Dressing
- How To Make A Rhubarb And Orange Polenta Cake
- Slow-roast Pork With Cauliflower Cheese Dauphinoise
- Gluten-free Mini Elderflower And Lemon Loaf Cakes