Shallot, Courgette, British Asparagus Salad anyone? How tasty!?
Happy Tuesday. I am loving this hot weather but I can not get much exercise done in the heat. Today I made myself go to the gym for a spinning class and was so pleased I did. Loved it.
Fancy making a Shallot, Courgette, British Asparagus Salad?
A deliciously light spring salad with few ingredients, ready to eat in 15 minutes.
If you can, make sure to buy courgettes and asparagus in season, when they’ll be at their sweetest.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 250g bunch of British asparagus
- 4 shallots, finely sliced
- 2 small courgettes, sliced into disks
- 100g feta, broken into small pieces
- 2 tsp poppy seeds
- 4-5 sprigs tarragon, leaves roughly chopped
- ½ lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp creme fraiche
What To Do:
Bring a pan of water to the boil and blanch the asparagus for 2-3 minutes. Add the sliced shallots to the pan for 30 seconds then drain the pan and run the veg under cold water.
Drain again and put into a salad bowl with the courgette, feta, poppy seeds and tarragon.
To mix the dressing put the juice of the lemon, oil, mustard and creme fraiche in a jar with a screw top. Season and shake to combine. Drizzle over the salad and toss well.
Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
What do you think of this Shallot, Courgette, British Asparagus Salad?
Fancy trying it?
Recipe and image courtesy of UK Shallot.
You might also like:
Some More Posts That Might Be Of Interest:
- How To Make Apple Of Your Eye Pie…
- 12 Recipes For Veganuary: Recipe Inspiration To Try
- BerryWorld Cranberry Meringue Roulade With
- How To Make A Black Forest Gateau Roulade
- 4 Brownies Recipes To Try Out On Brownie Day
- Walnut And Cranberry Pie: Christmas Cracked!!
- Get Baking for Biscuit Week: Aldi’s Brand-New Recipes
- 13 How To Make Cake Recipes For Sponge Cake Day
- 6 Fun Recipes with Raspberry To Try Out Today
- 3 Yummy Mug Cake Ideas: Homemade Cakes In Cups