Shepherd’s Pie: How To Make Some With Cauliflower Mash. Hello friends, so how are you today? One of my favourite Winter, warmer dinners has to be Shepard pie. How about you? What can I use instead of potatoes in shepherd’s pie? How about cauliflower mash?
Today I’m sharing a recipe with added cauliflower. Very tasty.
So how do you make shepherd’s pie with cauliflower mash?
Shepherd’s Pie: How To Make Some With Cauliflower:
Shepherd’s Pie: How To Make Some With Cauliflower Mash.
Easy cauliflower Shepherd’s pie:
- 1 large head of cauliflower, chopped
- 4 tbsps of olive oil
- 1 tsp of ground cumin
- 1 diced onion
- 4 diced garlic cloves
- 2 diced celery sticks
- 2 chopped carrots
- 600g beef mince
- 2 ½ tbsps of tomato paste
- 1 tsp of chopped thyme leaves
- 80ml of dry red wine
- 375ml of stock of your choice
- 3 tbsps of roughly chopped flat leaf parsley
Sprinkle with parsley and serve with a fresh, seasonal salad of your choice.
How To Make:
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, add the cauliflower and cook for about 10 minutes until tender.
- Drain the cooked cauliflower in a colander and set aside. Next, heat two tablespoons of olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add the cumin, onions, garlic, celery and carrots and cook for five minutes, or until they soften and begin to brown.
- Add the mince and cook until brown. Add the tomato paste and thyme and cook for one minute, then pour in the wine and stock. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally then season with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper.
- Meanwhile, place the cooked cauliflower in the food processor and blend until smooth. Blend two tablespoons of olive oil along with the puree and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To assemble, spread the meat mixture into the base of an ovenproof dish. Top with the cauliflower puree and smooth the top over the meat mixture evenly. Bake the pie in the oven for 30 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve with a fresh, seasonal salad of your choice.
Shepherd’s Pie: How To Make Some With Cauliflower Mash. Recipe and recipe photography by Atkins
So what do you think of this Shepherd’s Pie recipe? Do you also fancy trying it?
How About Trying These Atkins Nutritional Approach Recipes:
Firstly, Double Chocolate Cookies: Atkins Nutritional Approach. Have a wonderful Saturday. Are you looking for a recipe for a weekend treat? For the following few days, how about some baking? Anyone for a double chocolate chip cookie? Is there anything more delectable than fresh-out-of-the-oven double chocolate cookies? They’re delicious warm with a glass of milk for me and the kids. Delicious. The double chocolate chip cookie is one of our most popular flavours. Double Chocolate Cookies: Atkins Nutritional Approach.
Secondly, Low-carb Vanilla Ice Cream: New Atkins Recipe. If you’re looking for a low-carb ice cream recipe, look no further. Do you want to make some Atkins Low-Carb Vanilla Ice Cream from the new menu? Yummy! Summer has arrived, and with it comes the hot weather, which means light snacks and refreshing sweets are on the menu at New Atkins. Make a quick lunch, a small meal, or even a snack and then follow it with this creamy treat. Low-carb Vanilla Ice Cream: New Atkins Recipe.