Sizzled Chicken, Serrano and Persimon® Salad.
Are you looking for a nice salad recipe suitable to serve in Winter?
How about making one of these Sizzled Chicken, Serrano and Persimon® Salads?
This salad would be a perfect lunch, dinner and even a dinner party to impress your guests.
This colourful, healthy combo is made with chicory, sliced Spanish Persimon®, radish, avocado and spring onions, topped with sizzled chicken pieces cooked with Serrano ham for a tasty main course salad.
How To Make Sizzled Chicken, Serrano and Persimon® Salad:
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
You Will Need:
- 2 Spanish Persimon®, trimmed and sliced
- 1 Hass avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 2 heads chicory, broken into separate leaves
- 8 radish, sliced
- 3tbsp olive oil
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Pinch of sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large chicken breast, sliced
- 4 slices Serrano ham, chopped
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
How To Make:
1. In a large salad bowl, mix together the Spanish Persimon®, avocado, chicory leaves and radishes.
2. Make the salad dressing by combining 2tbsp of olive oil with the lemon juice and a pinch of sugar, salt and pepper. Add to the salad and toss together.
3. Heat the remaining 1tbsp of olive oil in a frying pan and stir-fry the chicken pieces for 4-5 minutes, adding the lemon zest for the last minute or so.
4. Share the salad between 2 serving plates and arrange the chicken and Serrano ham on top. Sprinkle with the chopped spring onions, then serve.
Cook’s tip: Vary the salad as you wish, using your favourite salad leaves – such as rocket or spinach – and try halved cherry tomatoes instead of radishes.
Recipe c/o Spanish Persimon
What do you think of this Sizzled Chicken, Serrano and Persimon® Salad recipe?
Fancy trying it?
You Might Also Like: