Recipe courtesy of Watercress.
Smoked Salmon Carpaccio with Horseradish Cream, Rainbow Beetroot, Radish, Capers and Watercress.
A delicious, light starter that looks so pretty and colourful it’s almost a shame to eat it! But please do – it tastes as good as it looks.
Smoked Salmon Carpaccio with Horseradish Cream, Rainbow Beetroot, Radish, Capers and Watercress:
Prep time: 30 minutes
400g smoked salmon, bloodline removed
1 purple beetroot
1 candy beetroot
1 golden beetroot
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
½ tbsp. capers
1 tbsp strong horseradish cream
100ml double cream
Good handful watercress
Extra virgin olive oil
Sea salt and black pepper
1. Thinly slice the radishes, then add to a small bowl with the white wine vinegar. Leave for 30 minutes before removing and draining on kitchen towel.
2. Peel the three types of beetroot and slice as thinly as possible. Add the slices to a bowl of ice water to ensure that they retain their freshness and colour. The ice should also cause the slices to curl into an attractive shape.
3. Lightly whip the double cream, then fold in the horseradish and add a pinch of salt.
4. Lay the smoked salmon on four starter plates in a rectangle. Arrange a few slices of radish and beetroot on the plates, then scatter over the capers.
5. Use two teaspoons to shape the horseradish cream into quenelles, then add 3 to each plate, placed randomly. Finally, scatter over some watercress, drizzle with olive oil and finish with some sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Recipe courtesy of:
For these and other tempting watercress recipes, visit Watercress.
Recipe photography credits: Lara Jane Thorpe
What do you think of this Smoked Salmon Carpaccio with Horseradish Cream, Rainbow Beetroot, Radish, Capers and Watercress recipe?
Fancy trying it?
Join the conversation and share your comments below.
You might also like:
- Green Floral Maxi Dress And A Visit To The Beach
- Zip Up Adidas Jacket, Skinny Jeans And Black Boots
- Spending Summer Days In Bakewell
- How To Style A Retro Rainbow Print D Buckle Belt
- Still Wearing My Teddy Coat From Winter: Fashion Over 40
- Spring Has Sprung But The Jumpers Are Back Out!!
- Gold Colour Cream Pearl Hair Clips: New In Today
- A Day Out In York: Way Back Wednesday Style Post
- Rose Gold Colour Crystal And Peach Flower Stud Earrings
- What If We Rewrite The Stars? 0ver 40 Fitness
- Getting My Summer Wardrobe Ready: Over 40 Style
- Ne’er Cast A Clout ‘Til May Be Out! Over 40 Style
- The Hardest Part Of Having A Dog Is Knowing
- Stacking Gold Colour Crystal Initial Bangle UK Buy
- How Do You Like Your Eggs? Hotel Chocolat Review